Our stay at the Hale Pohaku rental was the best accommodations for a large family. My family of 20+ people occupied the entire resort (main house, 3 cottages, and studio). It was great to have everyone so close by. The property was maintained well with a large open courtyard to lounge and gather at night.
Pros: accommodations for large family, large courtyard, pool, proximity to the beach, cleanliness, beach amenities (chairs, sand toys for kids, boggie boards, etc).
Cons: no AC (which is expected), some of the beach chairs were already broken, rooster/chickens/ferrel cats.
You will be woken up by the roosters around 2:30-3:00am. That was the earliest I recall hearing the roosters. With roosters and chickens roaming the grounds, beware of chicken droppings throughout the grounds.
This is a great facility and my large family thoroughly enjoyed staying at this location. We would be happy to stay at this location again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hale Pohaku is a half acre compound of four beach cottages, only a one minute walk from the ocean at Poipu Beach, Kauai. The houses can be rented individually or all together, and we welcome family reunions and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pohaku Beachside Hotel Koloa
- Hale Pohaku Beachside Resort Koloa, Kauai