Tripadvisor
Koloa
Post
Inbox
Search

“Fresh fruit and flavors”
Review of Waikomo Shave Ice

Waikomo Shave Ice
Ranked #1 of 12 Quick Bites in Koloa
Description: At Waikomo Shave Ice you will find that our shave ice is quite different. We really enjoy Serving a dessert that uses completely natural ingredients. No artificial flavors or colorings. So if this is what you are looking for, look no further. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place truly shows off the fresh flavors of Hawai'i. Although it has less flavors than a typical shave ice place, all of the flavors are deep and true to the fruits they are named after. The ice cream underneath is smooth and creamy, and if there is a line, I it will move quite quickly. The staff are very polite, and I would absolutely visit this place again.

Date of visit: January 2020
thomaswaikomo, Owner at Waikomo Shave Ice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha Samuel,
Mahalo for taking the time to leave this! I am so glad that you loved our staff, the real fruit taste of Waikomo shave ice, and YES the mac nut ice cream is a must! We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Kauai.

Mahalo,
Thomas Oliver, Owner

Write a reviewReviews (209)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from vacation in Kauai. Fortunately for us, we were staying very nearby this excellent shaved ice location. We went there several times, because it is as good as advertised. Most shaved ice on the island is made with artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors. Very few are high quality like this without the unhealthy ingredients. Personnel friendly and accommodating. Really liked honey drizzled on top.

Aloha drfate1,
Thanks so much for this awesome review! So happy to hear that you enjoyed the warm aloha of our staff, our all natural fruit syrups and the drizzle of local honey on top! I really appreciate your recommendation and would love to have you back next time you visit Kauai!

Mahalo,

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

This was sooo delicious. I got pineapple and mango with vanilla ice cream and the toppings. Seriously one of the best treats I’ve EVER had! It will be the number one thing I miss in Kauai!

Date of visit: January 2020
thomaswaikomo, Owner at Waikomo Shave Ice, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Aloha josie122003,
It's so great hearing how much you loved Waikomo shave ice! I am so happy that it was such a delicious treat for you, and we look forward to seeing you again anytime you are back on Kauai!

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Excellent shaved ice. They'll fix it any way you like with or without the cream. They have all kinds of flavors and all types of delicious cookies and goodies and the shaved ice stand. Nothing tastes better on a nice Hawaiian day.

Date of visit: December 2019
thomaswaikomo, Owner at Waikomo Shave Ice, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Aloha islandtraveler2307,
So happy that you liked Waikomo shave ice, and that you enjoyed a taste of Hawaii on a beautiful day! Mahalo for this great recommendation and for stopping by!

Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

I had been in search of Hawaiian Shave ice with natural organic toppings all week. When I scheduled my daughter to take surfing lessons at the Endless Summer Surf School, there at the other end of the strip mall sat Waikomo Shave Ice. I ordered the mango and coconut and my daughter got all coconut. They were so refreshing and a very big size in the souvenir coconut bowl with wooden spoon and wooden straw for an extra $5. We took these back home and are using them for our breakfast bowls. Highly recommend!!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank sonyawoodard
thomaswaikomo, Owner at Waikomo Shave Ice, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2019

Aloha Dream732221,
Mahalo for this fantastic review! I am so excited that you found Waikomo after your week long search, and that you enjoyed our all natural fruit syrups and toppings! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the recommendation!