“Eh--good ahi wrap, discourteous service.”

Kilauea Fish Market
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Kilauea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Run by what appear to be self-absorbed teenagers who wishes they were somewhere else. Outside table seating was dirty--don't think the tables are bused by anyone but the customers. The ahi wrap was large and sloppy but made a nice lunch for 2. There's a snooty air in Kilauea and this place did nothing to dispel that.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Only outdoor seating that was dirty. Had the ahi tuna wrap IT was 15$ for mainly what I would call a mission burrito, it had coleslaw and what looked like macaroni salad in it , to much mayo hiding the flavor. The tuna was good, though it was at the end of the day and the color was more gray then I like to see, they had some mixed up for a salad that looked much better. If you are right there and need a snack you could split it.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Tables are outside (beware of the ever-present chickens - they like to beg for food). Three of us had the ono plates while one of my dining companions had the fish tacos and we really enjoyed the food, although the tortillas on my friend's fish tacos seemed to fall apart rather quickly. And because this is Kauai, even healthy "fast food" fish tacos can cost a pretty penny. The only minor complaint is that the girl behind the counter had an uninterested, unfriendly attitude. It was like pulling teeth to get her to answer a few questions, such as how do I get the homemade lemonade I ordered (it's in the cooler at the end of the counter where you draw your own lemonade, I think). Be a little friendlier as many customers are just vacationing. I don't know about my dining companions, but I am glad we tried this place anyway.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

One of our regular stops when we're on Kauai. Fish tacos ($13 an order for 2 tacos) come with a ranch-style dressing, plus salsa, a bunch of shredded cheese (processed and more cheese-like than real cheese), lots of shredded veggies and great flour tortillas. Generous serving of Ono fish. But seriously, guard your food and don't it it alone for a second. Very aggressive flock of chickens haunt the place. Last time had the best kale salad here, but none available this time.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

After reading the forums and reviews, I wanted to like this place, however our experience was just average. They are known for their ahi wraps, but we both ordered the Ono plate which came with 2 pieces of fish, brown rice and a small side salad. Except for the dressing on the salad, I don't believe anything was seasoned and it tasted very bland. The fish also seemed tough and a little overcooked. Although not fancy, we enjoyed the outdoor seating area.