“Delicious Food, Excellent Service”

Kilauea Fish Market
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Kilauea
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Newark, Delaware
“Delicious Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my favorite meal on our entire trip throughout Kauai! Although this is called a "fish market" almost all (if not all) of the menu items can be made vegetarian-friendly with tofu. This worked perfectly for my fish-loving husband and my vegetarian self. I got the "#1" seller, as recommended by the server, and I was thrilled. The wrap was so delicious--filled with lots of fresh veggies, perfectly cooked tofu, and an incredibly tasty sauce! It was also huge, and I could not finish it (much to my disappointment). The atmosphere is extremely casual, with outdoor seating beneath an awning lined with Christmas lights. The servers/cooks were very friendly and helpful. If I could eat here on a regular basis, I absolutely would.

“Best fish tacos”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The fish tacos were by far the best we had on the island. Fresh and very flavourful. Love their fresh salsa as well as the cilantro cream.

Palo Alto, California
“Healthy, fresh seafood for lunch”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Tasty items, fresh and healthy choices, some items organic. Slow because they actually are preparing it back there. There is outdoor seating but there were annoying flies around when we were there. They have kids items as well.

Phoenix, Arizona
“I don't have words....”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We discovered this on our last night on Kauai and we were devastated that we only had the chance to eat here once. Although, all it took was once for us to become addicted...and I mean ADDICTED! My husband had the Ahi wrap and I had the fish tacos. Be prepared to never look at a fish taco the same way again after your first bite of the fish tacos at Kilauea. These tacos ruin every other fish taco you will eat ever again. I have never had anything so delicious as these IN MY LIFE! The establishment was charming and had a great view of the water and sunset. It's a BYOB kinda place, which we loved. We grabbed some beers at a liquor store in Hanalei and they were the perfect accompaniment to our meal. Funny thing, I am not a huge fish person and went ape over these tacos. We had a 1:30 flight out and they opened at noon. Don't think for one second I didn't spend my whole morning wondering how mathematically I could get one last fix and be back to the Lihue airport before takeoff. We will be visiting Maui in July and I am already trying to convince my husband to grab an interisland flight over just for lunch or dinner so I can get my tacos. He has assured me absolutely not as the round-trip venture will be close to $500 dollars. I,however, am thinking it's worth it :)

Phoenix, Arizona
“The best fish tacos we have ever had!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just go here and try it! While it is a little pricy as people have mentioned, it is still cheaper than a sit down fish restaurant. And the portion size makes up for the cost. As for the food, the title says it all. They really were the best fish tacos my wife or I have ever had. We are home now and drive ourselves crazy thinking about the. Everything was we'll balanced. I actually had the ahi wrap which was also fantastic but I preferred the tacos. As others have mentioned its byob so be sure to take advantage of that.

Visited April 2013