“Unique fare” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garden Cafe at Common Ground - CLOSED

The Garden Cafe at Common Ground
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Fresh Wholesome Healthy Organic Dishes Created From The Seasonal Crops Of Kauai's Best Farmers and Ranchers.
Orlando, Florida
“Unique fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were told about this place after we went on the Noni farm tour down the road. This place occupies the old guava plantation location that we used to visit on past trips. The food was all very fresh, which I think is he reason for the bit of time you wait to get your food after you order. We waited about 15-20 minutes to get our food, but we did have large parties ahead of us. I got the Kauai beef burger with goat cheese and tropical fries. Kauai beef has a gamey taste to it that some people do not like, but I enjoy it. I would suggest going early because it appears that they have a set amount of things and once they run out, they run out. My mom and I both had to modify our orders to to items they were out of. It is a limited menu, but I found a couple of options that I could have had and their specials also looked good.

1 Thank Jessica0711_S

San Antonio, Texas
“Freshest Fare on the Island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was a nice open cafe set in a back road ending in a small food garden in Kilauea.
The food is so fresh and natural, you swore it was hand-picked that morning.
The menu is limited, with a few salads, sandwiches, burger, and wraps/burritos available. We ordered for 5, including the Burger, 2 different salads, a kids wrap, and larger adult wrap. Food is not cheap however, with drinks totaling >$90. The food quality was excellent, taste spot on, and portions HUGE by Kauai standards. It was probably the healthiest meal we had during our week on the island.
Note--there is whole fresh fruit for sale at this cafe. Oddly, the prices for the fruit seemed so cheap compared to cafe food prices. Ex., an entire jackfruit was only $2 ! So skip the higher priced fruit stands and buy some fruit here before or after your meal.

1 Thank Christopher M
Palatine, IL
“Excellent concept but menu needs work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was one of our few disappointments on our recent trip. The setting and atmosphere is terrific with a nice patio overlooking the garden where the food is grown. I had the chicken curry wrap--unfortunately this name was a bit of a misnomer since it would have taken a microscope to find the chicken in it. I will say that the sweet potato fries that accompanied it were among the best that I have ever had. My wife had the lamb burger which she found to be disappointingly bland. The service had a really condescending tone. There's great potential here, but the menu needs some work.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Awesome location. Great food. Everything was so fresh.

Wife had a breakfast sandwich on a bagel. She loved the bagel.

I had a smoothie + one of their entrees.

Our helicopter pilot in Princeville recommended the place. I loved it! highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
Vista, California, United States
“Wish I would have discovered sooner...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

You know when you're nearing the end of your vacation, and you find that AWESOME little place that becomes your new favorite, and you WISH you would have found it sooner?? Yes, this is that place. I know everyone values different things. If you value quality healthy foods, in a beautiful quirky setting, this place will knock your socks off. The ingredients are SO fresh, it tastes like they were just picked from the garden. Oh, wait...maybe that's because they WERE! The ambiance is great. Selection isn't huge, but it has everything I would want. Don't go there expecting a wait staff. As for the reviews complaining about that, you're missing the point. I love the whole concept of this place. Just go walk around the property to enjoy the edible landscape, and see exactly where your food comes. That's the point. I'll be back as many times as possible before we leave..Yes, please....

3 Thank Robert S