“A great find off the beaten path”

The Garden Cafe at Common Ground
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fresh Wholesome Healthy Organic Dishes Created From The Seasonal Crops Of Kauai's Best Farmers and Ranchers.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The locally sourced, organic food is terrific, in a setting equally as lovely. Be sure to take the short walk to the stone falls which is an unexpected treat to behold. Only open until 3:30 so plan a lunch visit.

There are newer reviews for The Garden Cafe at Common Ground

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This was such a fantastic meal that I honestly don't know where to begin in this review. There is great variety in the menu that people of all ages and food preferences are going to find something they enjoy. I had the Kale salad with green papaya and toasted macadamia nuts and added the fresh fish of the day which was the mahi mahi. It was caught and filleted 40 minutes before it was on my plate. That's right, 40 minutes! The gentleman at the register looked at the clock to give me the exact freshness. How fantastic is that!!

My husband had the burger with the tropical fries and both were delicious!

The other thing I want to be sure to mention is all of the gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options - even for dessert!

Basically an amazing lunch! We are
Going to back in a couple of days so we can get another delicious lunch there before we head home.

I highly recommend this spot!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Awesome breakfast and lunch!!!
Did I mention how good it was? Cause it was fantastic. My wife and I spent a week on Kauai and other then the bed we slept in the was the only place we visited multiple times. Highly recommended.
Important note:
hours: 9am to 3pm
CLOSED MONDAYS

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We recently returned from a Kauai vacation. Garden Cafe at Common Ground was recommended by the St Regis, and well liked on Trip Advisor, and our guide book: Kauai Revealed. I agree! We had an amazing kale salad, miso-based salad dressing, that was one of the very best salads we every tasted. We went back the next day, had it again, and tasted their vegetable burrito. Nothing like a typical Tex-Mex dish, but just a wonderful, fresh (just a little cheese, so the cheese did not overpower the sause/vegetables/beans), giving it an amazing taste. Common Ground is a delightful outdoor restaurant. You look out at beautiful unspoiled (undeveloped) country. While they are currently only open for lunch, we learned that they will be open for dinner soon. A good alternative to a more traditional restaurant.

We liked Postcards Cafe, as well. Only fish (or tofu), as the protein. Not a great wine list, but only $15 corkage charge. So go to the wine store in Princeville, and enjoy what might be the best restaurant on the north shore.

Bar Acuda had some good food, but small plate concept will be a more expensive meal, as compared to a traditional main course portion size. That said, it was really busy on 12/31, and my view may be a minority opinion. We were a party of 3, placed at a table for 2. I was unhappy. The manager said it was New Year's eve. I asked if this would happen on 1/2. She got annoyed with me, telling me that this was their restaurant, and they made the rules. I decided to go to Postcards Cafe instead (we had 2 meals there), where the staff couldn't have been nicer.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We just had their "healthy" smoothies which were better than expected. Operated like a fast food outlet. You put your order in, then wait till they yell out your name. Prices were a little high but I actually felt better after drinking their healthy smoothie. I think I'll try it again to see if it has a similar effect.