“Every morning....”

The Garden Cafe at Common Ground
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh Wholesome Healthy Organic Dishes Created From The Seasonal Crops Of Kauai's Best Farmers and Ranchers.
Park City, Utah
“Every morning....”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Driving up the long drive and finally seeing it took my breathe away. The food matched the scenery. The staff was friendly and we ended up eating here twice. We would have eaten here every morning if we had known about earlier. The first morning alone my daughter and I ordered four things. The portions are big so we couldn't finish it all but it was nice to try so many things. Everything was great and I recommend it all. If I lived on this island I'd be there every morning. Great place to have a wedding or big celebration. Coffee was really good too!

2 Thank MalbuMom

Hanalei, HI
“good food, poor service”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

live near common ground so we like to come for brunch on the weekends. visited many times with friends and sometimes with family, great atmosphere, yummy food. but the service over shadowed the meal in a bad way. i was disappointed because my friends and i are all servers and we were very nice about everything and understand being busy or an off day but the last two times we were there the serves were awful! they give the table a carafe of water, we asked for ice as well and were looked at like we were crazy! dont people like cold water? last week my friend ordered hot water with lemon, and she was given lime, we said politely we wanted lemon, not lime and her reply was "the limes were closer" what does that mean? we laughed it off but then our food took forever and it was not busy at all! she told us our wait is because she put our order in after a big table... no big tables around at all, i think she forgot to put them in all together. one person was done at the table and she took his plate and said "do you want the bill?" the rest of us still eating... we were all quiet for a second ummm ok. i didnt know they were in a rush to get us out of there, it was 10am and not alt of people, no like there was a wait.
the next weekend i took my mother and our server looked confused about everything, and couldn't explain anything on the menu or suggest anything to my mom who had never been there before. ok so we get our food and finish, never asked us once if it was good, never asked if we needed anything else, never took our plates! never came back! we even stacked them up in the corner or the table! and it wasn't busy at all! looked around maybe 5 tables full, and i noticed 3 servers. waited so long for our bill and our table to be cleared we could of just walked out! we had to ask another server for our bill and still 5 minutes went by, paid with a credit card and waited again!
i seriously hope the management will look at this problem because i like the food and its good hang out for my friends for brunch and close to my house, id like to return but the service is such a headache!!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Farm to Table at its Best”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The first thing you notice is the setting...absolutely fantastic with mountains in the background and it sits right in the middle of a beautiful agricultural operation. These folks are committed to sustainable agriculture and they prove it with the food they serve in the Garden Cafe. We've been for breakfast and lunch and can't decide which we like better. Everything we've sampled has been terrific and all at reasonable prices (for Hawaii :-)). The service is outstanding too!

2 Thank Larry S
Big Rock, IL
“Second time here first time to review”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is our second visit to the Garden Cafe. This is a wonderful break from the ordinary. I would say it is kind of a combination retreat and restaurant rolled in to one. We came for a Sunday breakfast and could not have enjoyed the food any more. Everything was fresh and tasty. Since last time they have changed it up and now have servers and more of a restaurant feel. I actually preferred it the old way which was a bit more laid back with you ordering at a window and then they brought out the food when it was done.
A couple of things to know the eating area is outside, although it is covered and in the morning if can be cool and breezy sitting out there so bring a sweater or jacket. Also make sure you have a map or know exactly how to get there as it is significantly off the main road and easy to miss.
My only other comment is that I hope it never becomes to touristy ..(that would ruin the place in my opinion).

1 Thank travelcarr
Normandy Park, Washington
“Organic and Delicious Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were hoping to attend the 10am escorted Farm Tour, then have lunch. As events unfolded, we found ourselves spending more time at the Light House Tour (which is also "A Must" when driving up Hwy 56!). We were still able to stroll the farm on our own. My partner ordered the Kilauea Hamburger & Hand-cut Fries (included) for lunch, I ordered the Grilled Fish Sandwich & Garden side-salad. What a treat! The Pueo Bread was delicious, the fish was perfect, the green salad was crisp, and the fries were purple (you got to try these fries!). We finished the meal with the Chia Pudding dessert, very enjoyable!

3 Thank SamGebala