“Terrific Adventure”

North Shore Private Charters
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a great trip for all ages if you want a little adventure. There are no seat on board. You sit on the side of the inflated zodiac and hold on to ropes to feel secure. We are a 70+ year old couple and we thorough enjoyed ourselves. After booking, I got a little worried that this may be too much of an adventure, but it was perfect. Mike is an master of the zodiac and the seas and has intimate historic stories of Hawaii. He took us into ever possible cave, and I mean way into the caves. The snorkeling was fine and we saw may turtles and dolphin along the way. And after all of the cautions in the reviews about the rough trip home we were pleasantly surprised that it was fun but not a big deal; and yes we did get wet.

Thanks for a memorable. Adventure. We will be telling our friends.

3  Thank Rich E

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this tour of the coast in the rigid inflatable boat. You can get really close to everything; go inside caves. You will get very wet on the ride back so pack some dry clothes in the car.T

2  Thank ReelPleasure
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A most excellent time spent on the water. We stayed on the North Shore, and leaving from Anini Beach allowed a lot of time out seeing the wonders of the Na Pali coast. Captain Mike is an incredible seaman - we were going out in early September, and the surf was already rolling due to the change from the summer season. Captain Mike was able to put us into areas I would have thought impossible! Outside of the coast, we saw turtles dolphins, the usual. Mike and his first mate gave a running history of the area, something that helped us gave even greater appreciation of Kauai. Without doubt, this was the best time and money spent on our 10 day visit - don't hesitate, go with these foldks!

1  Thank RonMaricopa_AZ
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Wow, great time. Do this tour, do it in the morning. We had the most fun laughing at all the other charters on their big clumsy boats as we whipped in and through the caves, as we stopped on a dime when we saw sea turtles, as we quickly maneuvered right into a pod of spinning dolphins, and as we pretended we were a Navy Seal team in our tactical assault craft as we flopped over the side during snorkling. Mike and Drew are a fun team, Thanks to them, and Janelle.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great tour, great Napali Coast, great crew, great, great, great...I went in the morning and it was amazing. We saw sea turtles, rays, lots of dolphins, went to 4-5 caves, snorkel for about 45 minutes and in between we had lots of fun and learned a lot about Kauai history and about Napali Coast. Captain Mike is very knowledgeable about area and he loves to share that. I have to mention that he and his crew member Drew make a great effort for our enjoyment. They went above and beyond to make this trip special. Thank you Drew! I will never forget what you did to help me without being asked to do it, and you didn't have any obligation to do it!
I can write more but will repeat what the other reviewers already did. I hope I will be back to Kauai, and for sure I will do this ride with North Shore Private charters again.