Review Highlights
Great browsing and unique buys.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

from $146.53
from $129.00
from $149.46
More Info
All reviews gift shop clothing tori browsing hawaii lighthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2018

We've been going to Kong Lung Trading for almost 10 years now, at times by ourselves, and other times with friends. Especially for first time visitors, the history of the location is a big draw; after that, the lure is the unique offerings at this store.

I can always find a unique gift for someone when I go there - and there are great cards/note paper to purchase to bring back home too.

I've purchased everything from eyeglasses (Iris Appenthal's look-alikes) to handmade wood writing tablets from Israel. My husband purchased a lovely necklace/earing combination for me that is also one of a kind (or so it seems).

So, if you're in Princeville looking for something new to do, head out to Kong Lung Trading and you won't be disappointed. We were there today and it looks as if a shopping 'village' is being built next door. So, more browsing :>)

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stop for unusual gifts, coffee, decor, baby and clothing items. The complex includes the Kilauea Bakery, Soap Factory and three other shops in a peaceful dog friendly courtyard. The Bakery has a book cart where patrons can borrow donated books

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017

It always seems relaxing to stop in and visit this shop. Lot's of stuff to peruse - clothing, hats, books, art pieces, ceramics, a bit of everything - presented in an appealing way that feels almost like visiting a museum (don't worry, all very approachable). There's a great kids book section - and a house cat too.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Stumbled upon this adorable, historic shopping area when looking for an ATM. I needed cash to visit the Lighthouse! Loved the Island Soap company shop and the galleries. Very well done with the historical aspects.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed May 2, 2016 via mobile

Upon entering the store we said hello to the saleswoman and she replied back: "hi" like an annoyed teenager and continued by without asking if we would like help. She probably rolled her eyes, but I was too busy looking around to really notice.

The atmosphere was a bit tense; maybe only locals are welcome? We certainly didn't look like beach bums or poor youngsters. I'm not sure what the problem with us was.

I really wanted one of the necklaces but felt like too much of a bother to ask. I took down the designer and will search it out online instead.

Date of experience: May 2016