“Unique quality items”
Review of Kong Lung Trading

Kong Lung Trading
Ranked #3 of 8 Shopping in Kilauea
More attraction details
Owner description: Housed in the old Kilauea Sugar Plantation company store, Kong Lung Trading offers an original and ever-changing selection of gifts, home decor, personal accessories, and apparel presented in an uplifting, fine-design atmosphere. The boutique is upscale without pretension, a welcoming institution in downtown Kilauea known for its friendly staff, including three dogs, a bird, and gorgeous displays. There is something here for every person of any age-at prices to meet any price range.
Delta, Canada
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Unique quality items”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This heritage building is filled with unique and beautiful items for everyone in the family. It is part of Kilauea, a collection of small stores and bakeries to tempt you. It is a must stop just to see the building and read about its history.

Visited May 2012

San Francisco, California
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“unique gifts, great store”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I LOVE this store!
It has the cutest, most unique gifts, jewelry, decor and knick-knacks...i think, in all of Hawaii. I used to come from Oahu (where i Lived) to shop here for one-of-a-kind gifts. Stop by before going to the Lighthouse!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank jocelynlee
hawaii
“Kong Lung Trading wow!!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This was the most unique shopping experience in all my visits to Hawaii. The store staff was super helpful and really gave me honest opinions. The building is worth visiting- I was told that is was built inthe early 1900's. So many beautiful items to choose from. Come with a gift list and money you'll make every one on your gift list so happy.

New Orleans
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An AMAZING find on Kaua'i!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We stumbled upon Kong Lung Company while browsing the north shore of Kaua'i. This is a very sophisticated shop on an island known for its spectacular beauty but not for its shopping. We felt like we had been transported to Takashimaya in Japan or New York City. The merchandise has been gathered with the most discerning eye, an amazing mix of great taste and great sense of humor. Gorgeous items for children and adults alike!

1 Thank nolatriangle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overpriced and Poorly Staffed”
Reviewed June 5, 2003

I you want to browse through an overpriced store staffed by snooty sales people this is the place for you! I can't believe the previous review- My boyfriend and I stopped in because we saw something in the window I liked. We went in to see about it and apparently the staff didn't think we were worthy of their assistance. There awas one other customer in the store with no one helping them either. We asked about the price and recieved an icey reply - since we had just come from a day at the beach I guess she didn't think we had $200 to spend. My boyfriend wanted to buy me the $200 object de art but i was so incensed at our treatment i wouldn't let him. Skip this store and have pizza at the place in back it's awesome! The people are friendly, the food is great and they will gladly take your money.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Kong Lung Trading? Share your experiences!