“The highlight of our entire vacation”
Review of Na Pali Sea Breeze

Na Pali Sea Breeze
Ranked #4 of 34 things to do in Kilauea
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was an adventure with the best sights that the Napli Coast line had to show. Snorkeling was fantastic and the cruise was much nicer then the south shore excursions. Highly recommended :)

1  Thank just_having_fun_50
"fresh bread"
"fun fun fun"
"excellent captain"

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my wife went on the Na Pali Sea Breeze cruise while in Kauai and really enjoyed the experience. My wife even said it was one of the highlights of her trip ( besides spending time with me of course lol). We had reserved and early morning cruise and after the required weather check-in at 6:00 a.m. we proceeded to our designated meeting spot. The meeting time was 7:15 and we arrived about fifteen minutes early to make sure we were on time. A nice woman was there to greet us and when the rest of the guests arrived we loaded up in the van they provided and headed towards Anini Beach. Once there we transferred over to the Sea Breeze which was a decent enough boat. Nothing really special but adequate enough for the four hour trip. Captain Chris and the crew were very nice and open having several conversations with me and the rest of the passengers, even taking pictures of couples traveling by themselves. The batteries in my camera had run out and they even offered to take some pictures of me and my wife with their camera and e-mail them to me. They were very knowledgeable about the history of the coast and though I usually don't care for the usual guided tour spiel I found the information very interesting. The water turned rough while we were on the tour, so we didn't get to enter the caves like I assume they normally do and while we did stop to snorkel the water was very murky and you couldn't see anything. This was not the fault of the Sea Breeze crew and I appreciate that they were more concerned with our safety than getting a better view of a sea cave. The lunch provided was very good deli sandwiches from the local grocery store and were good enough that I went to the store to buy one for myself a day or two later. On the ride back we encountered a large pod of dolphins which Captain Chris followed for us to get a good look at. I even saw one jump about ten feet in the air while doing a spin before falling backwards into the ocean. The Views of the coast were amazing of course as I am sure anyone wanting to take this trip already knows.
I would definitely recommend Na Pali Sea Breeze to anyone looking to cruise the Na Pali coast, and I already am planning my return and fully intend to use them again myself.

2  Thank Cslyles76
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We are so glad that we made the trip on the Sea Breeze! Seeing the Na Pali Coast with such excellent, informed and sensitive guides was a highlight of our time in Kauai. Although our daughter was the only child in the group that day, she enjoyed the entire trip and received extra-special attention from crew member Mike. He made sure the captain knew that she was interested in seeing dolphins and managed to spot some at a distance from the coastline. Thanks to Mike's good spotting and the captain's quick response we were treated to time with the dolphins, which was an extra bonus to an already spectacular day.

Compared to the many other outings and excursions on the island, this was by far the best value, in our opinion. Seeing the Na Pali Coast from the water and exploring the caves and shoreline is a wonderful way to appreciate the island's beauty. The time spent snorkeling was also the best we had anywhere on Kauai.

Thank you to the captain and crew of the Sea Breeze!

1  Thank LoladeTiburon
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We just returned from a morning tour of the Napali Coast with snorkeling aboard the Sea Breeze. I've taken a lot of tours in my life and this was by far the best. The Napali Coast is one of the most beautiful places on earth, with the ocean meeting the mountains above (with waterfalls, hiking trails and caves). It can't be seen in all its grandeur except by boat or by helicopter/plane. We chose the Napali Sea Breeze based on excellent reviews by a number of locals in the know and we were extremely pleased with our choice. We passed several boats that seemed to be crammed with passengers, but the Sea Breeze limits the passengers to 14 so there's lots of room to move around. Captained by Chris, who was assisted by Mike, we took the Sea Breeze, a 34-foot catamaran, down the coast and then snorkeling---more fish than I've ever seen in one place. Its great to leave from the North Shore because they are able to show us so much more of the Napali Coast than the boats coming from the Southern shore. Chris and Mike were fonts of knowledge, pointing out many views and were so low-key and kind (especially when one of the passengers was seasick---be sure to take Bonine if you are prone to seasickness!---and take the morning tour since the swells are not as bad, per the crew). The sandwiches and fresh pineapple were excellent as well.

All interactions with the Sea Breeze staff were professional and warm. We loved it. Its expensive but so worth it. An unforgettable experience.

2  Thank Auntieapple
See more reviews
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The Na Pali Coast really is all that we'd been told and Sea Breeze made it fun and easy. The location on where to park & meet the boat was a bit confusing and I wish they'd just throw a map up on their website but that's my only issue. The boat was not over crowded and as comfortable as a boat this size can be. The trip to and from the Na Pali coast is about 45 mins to an hour each way but there's so much to look for it goes quick. We saw a whale breach on the outbound trip and more spinner dolphins than we could count on the trip back. The snorkeling was nice we saw several sea turtles in the water. Can't vouch for the sandwiches as I didn't eat but there were plenty as well as fruit, drinks, and chips. The captain and first mate were friendly and helpful.