“Not Boaring at all”

and up
Best of Kauai Tour by Land River and Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: No Hassles - Just the Best of Kauai! Be effortlessly chauffeured by our personable and entertaining tour guides on a day filled with the absolute Best of Kauai. Are you looking for a fun-filled Kauai vacation tour that incorporates the perfect blend of breath taking views, scenic Kauai beaches, waterfalls, Island history and culture, as well as local advice on the best things to do while visiting Kauai? Kauai Northshore Limousine & Tours has been welcoming visitors to the Garden Island with their Best of Kauai Tour since 1987. Let us show you the absolute Best of Kauai on one of Kauai driving tours or land/air combo tours. We offer a variety of Kauai tours including a land and air tour combo which includes our Best of Kauai tour plus an hour long aerial tour of the island by airplane.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a fun time on this tour with Domi as guide--saw so much of the local attraction--publicized and not. The Fern Grotto would have been a disappointment if it was a trip by itself. But thankfully it was not! We saw so much, learned so much of Domi's beautiful island. In the 12 passenger van, never felt crowded, could zip in to places where the coaches were still loading. Even tho we had to purchase our own lunch, the Mac-nut pancakes were worth it, and amazingly we were taken to his home to feed leftovers to his pet boar, Omar! Domi never stopped talking, teaching, quizzing us! He truly loves his island, and everyone agreed, it would be easy to re-visit. No one took a chicken home, but it was sure the running joke! Thanks, Domi. Great experience!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We are so glad we picked this tour! Steve was awesome and he even made a special potty stop at a "blue room" for me. (I really appreciated that!) Took us to some great beaches that we would never had found by ourselves.Tip, don't drink too much coffee before leaving!!! I must admit though, that my favorite part was the flight. Our captain was very knowledgeable and funny. You have to see the Na Pali coast from the air! It's breathtaking!!!

My husband was a bit disappointed at the Fern Grotto as he had been able to actually stand in it before. You can't do that any longer, but it's still beautiful to see.

2  Thank Frances L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The best of kaui tour was a wonderful way to see the north and east island via back roads. We saw beaches, waterfalls, as well as the fern grotto. Steve provided a wealth of information. I strongly recommed the tour..now we know which beaches to visit today!

Jean

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the Best of Kauai tour, but have had better island tours. Before I get into that, I'll say what the good part is. Domi, our tour guide is why I gave this tour a very good rating. He was great from the start. He was very knowledgeable and quite a character. He would quiz us on what we learning from him throughout the day. He also brought us to his home. There we met his wife & met Omar, his pet boar. Omar got to eat all of our leftovers from lunch. We each got to take a picture with him, which was quite a treat. He always had a story or a bit of history tied in with what we were seeing. The boat ride to the Fern Grotto was beautiful. The film locations were exciting to see, but I expected more for what I paid. Now I'll mention why I was underwhelmed. I've done big group tours in a huge bus or smaller tour groups on a mini bus that had plenty of room for everybody & had better views for taking photos. We were in a van!!! The van was completely packed (12 total) & was not comfortable at all. If you weren't driving or the person in the front, you were uncomfortable. We practically had to climb or crawl over seats to get out. There was only one door for all the passengers sitting in the back. I don't recommend it for those who have limited physical capabilities. Another negative was we didn't get a single meal or a snack included during the tour. We had to buy our own lunch. I've done small group island tours with other companies & they all had an included lunch. The price of this tour was $120. In my opinion, more sights or a meal need to be included to get your money's worth. The tour lasted around 6 hours (not including pick ups & drop offs) I felt like I didn't see as much as I did on the other island tours & I know there are more sights to see on Kauai. For the other island tours I did, I paid $90 for a full day (8:30-5:30) with lunch included & $129 for a full day (6:45-6:30) with breakfast & lunch included. This tour was (8:15-3:30) We had to pick up people from the airport who took the flight around the island. We waited a while for them. So we probably didn't start the tour till almost 9:00. I also spoke to some other guests at my hotel who went on an island tour, but with a different company. They were in comfortable mini buses & had the chance to get out and see more of Hanalei. They didn't get to go to the Fern Grotto, but adding the admission price of it ($20) to what they paid for their tour ($89) is less than what I paid for my tour. Their tour also included lunch at the Tahiti Nui, where George Clooney filmed the Descendants. If my guide was someone other than Domi, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it. He was what made the tour.

4  Thank sfprincessjess
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we booked this tour through Island marketing and met Domi from northshore tours at nawiliwili where the Golden princess was docked. From the start of this great tour Domi was a real character who gave us a great introduction to the island and it's history ans well as teaching us a few key words and phrases.he is full of the Aloha spirit and was a very informative and interesting guide. As well as seeing some of the major sights (fern Grotoo, falls etc a real highlight of the tour was lunch in a local restaurant and then going to his house to feed the scraps to Omar -his pet wild boar!

1  Thank umberstmum

Been to Best of Kauai Tour? Share your experiences!