“Aloha Sunset Cottage: the Perfect vacation”
Review of Aloha Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilauea
Aloha Cottages
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Kauai where we booked the entire trip at the Sunset cottage during the end of May / first week of June 2008. Allan and Catherine (as well as Jeremy and all) have done an wonderful job. They are such kind and gracious hosts.

The cottage has all of the necessary amenities for your journey away from home. The property is absolutely amazing: we highly recommend taking walks around the property to admire the beautiful flowers and plants. Plus, you're within a short drive of some of the most amazing beaches in the world (be sure to check out Anini Beach!)

We absolutely recommend that you consider the cottage for your stay on Kauai. We can't wait until we can return to Kauai and stay at the Aloha.

Amy & Jay

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2008

All the 5 Star reviews are correct. The place is great.
The couple who own the cottages are both extremely nice and professional. They put a lot of effort into providing an upscale experience. It is in the country so expect those crazy roosters to go off at about 3 a.m. (One morning they psychotically started to crow at 1 a.m.---ouch!!)
Our solution was to close the windows and put on the fan.
They don't have AC---which was fine w/ us because we don't like it. Plus even in the summer I would imagine that things cool down by 8 or 9 p.m.
We liked the location. 10-15 min to either Ka'pa or Hanalei.
The North Shore is really the garden of Eden....
We'll be back...

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2008

My husband and I would recommend this cottage highly. It is tastefully furnished; linens are of high quality. Downstairs, the kitchen is small but adequate and very well equipped. Upon arrival you find chocolates and fruits and coffee waiting for you. Upstairs, the living room/bedroom area was tastefully furnished in island decor, with a row of windows opening out to the rising sun which you could contemplate as you awoke. The gardens are well tended and lush. I helped myself to herbs for my salad. We also harvested our grapefruit and avocados from the trees in the yard. We chose to order takeout fresh fish meals locally and then add our own salads. Our hosts were available, knowledgeable and very kind. The bungalow is in a quiet location, 10 minutes from the lovely and large north shore beaches, away from the maddening crowds.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank greenthumb41
Reviewed March 5, 2008

We had a lovely stay in the Sunrise Cottage. This cottage has all the elements that make it a perfect retreat. It is clean, charming, cozy, quiet, and the owners take much pride in making sure your stay is comfortable.

The property is set back at the end of a long bucholic road passing horses along the way until you reach the cottages. What makes this so nice is that after a long day of exploring, you're welcomed back to a soothing environment. It is convenient to the Northand the South. We did extensive hiking and took in Hanalei bay which is beautiful.

The cottage is equipped with a functional kitchen, washer and dryer, and a large upstairs bedroom and sitting room with tv and vcr tapes, maps, and good guide books. There was fresh fruit waiting for us in the kitchen from their citrus trees....grapefruit, huge delicious avocados...the best I've had, and fresh lemons.

The owners understand the need for privacy and will come if you desire otherwise they let you experience your vacation in peace.

There are horses on the property, cats, and a dog but they are all outside and unless you go looking for them, they leave you alone. They have roostesrs but it is easy to turn over and go back to sleep. I highly recommend getting up to seize the day to take in a hike along the Nepali coast, going to the beach, or discovering this gorgeous island. They have guide books and are ready to help if you have questions.

1  Thank Adventurer043
Reviewed February 29, 2008

This was our first trip to Hawaii, so my husband and I didn't quite know what to expect. We weren't in Kauai more than 2 days when we decided we would spend our time almost exclusively on the North Shore. The Aloha Sunrise Cottage was part of this decision. It was like having a home close to the good stuff - the lighthouse, the beaches (!), Hanalei (!!) - and far from the less appealing stuff - condos, crowded beaches, shopping malls.

The upstairs bedroom/lounge area was particularly endearing because it was cozy and comfortable. From there we could look out over the landscape and see the horse pasture and, if lucky, catch a glimpse of a white-rumped shama (my husband's a birder) as he serenaded us.

We had many adventures on Kauai, but my personal best day was the one I spent alone at the cottage, sitting on a lawn chair by the breadfruit tree, with Snowflake the cat on my lap and very little on my mind but the songs of the birds in the surrounding trees. Heaven!

1  Thank kmwagner
Reviewed February 23, 2008

My wife and I found this charming cottage via TripAdvisor, actually and we couldn't be more happy with our choice. It was perfectly located in Kilauea on a 7 acre property with horse pastures, gardens, fruit trees (you can pick your own grapefruit!) -- it is right in the middle of the best beaches in the Hawaiian Islands. It's totally quiet (except for the roosters at night -- bring your earplugs :-) ), and within 15 minutes you can be in Hanalei, Princeville or Kapaa, for a mixture of dinners, shopping and fun.

Really, it was a perfect vacation.

4  Thank daveschappell
Reviewed July 23, 2007

My boyfriend and I were looking for the perfect place to stay on the North Shore of Kauai, and we definitely found it! This place has everything you could want for an excellent price. It is a home away from home with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, and entertainment center. It is convenient to Hanalei and the Napali Coast. And despite what you may imagine, it is very private. The property is beautiful, and the property owners are charming and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone and will absolutely go back.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank kmason
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilauea
Fern Grotto Inn
Fern Grotto Inn
#1 of 15 in Kapaa
Waimea Plantation Cottages
The Palmwood
The Palmwood
#1 of 2 in Kilauea

Been to Aloha Cottages? Share your experiences!