Just returned from a week at WBV #312. The unit was very nice, and had a ton of extras. I think we took the cooler on almost all our trips that week. The kitchen was big and new. The appliances are top notch and very new (I'm pretty sure the kitchen is nicer than most folks kitchens back home). You can tell that the owners takes great pride in this unit. Would not think twice about staying there again.
The vew out of the back patio is to die for! It is by far the nicest view I ever had on vacation. The ocean is just below and the waves hit so hard, you can feel it! Pictures out the back are postcard worthy!
Now the bad news. The builder of the complex could have spend a bit more on sound proofing the place. I think they really wanted to take advantage of the trade winds as a natural way to cool the place. They used windows and doors made up of 4 inch slats of glass that can be cranked open and closed. They work great in letting the wind in, but really stink in keeping sound out. Even with all the windows and doors closed, the street noise is loud. We had to turn on the A/C just to generate "white noise" to drown out the folks drag racing down the highway at night. Also, those lovely roosters' are plenty loud at times.
Tip: For those who are light sleepers, bring ear pulgs. At night, close all the windows that face the street, including the small one above the door. Open all the back windows, so the ocean sound comes in. Turn on the A/C, ceiling fan or box fan to generate white noise. By doing these things you'll have a pretty quite place.
In summary, come with a plan to limit the noise at night and you'll be rewarded with one of the best condos you can rent anywhere. It is by far the best bang for the buck in Kauai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wailua Bay View is a three-story oceanfront condominium complex overlooking Wailua Bay, a popular surfing and kite surfing beach in Kapaa. Each condo has a private lanai overlooking the ocean, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Wailua Bay View Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Hotel Kapaa
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Kauai/Kapaa