Wailua Bay View Condominiums
$249
GardenInn.com
$329
  • Pool
Plantation Hale Suites(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$259
$249
Very Good 4/5
Kauai Shores Hotel(Kapaa)(Great Value!)
$199
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach chairsthe kitchenshell gas stationacross the streetcrashing surfwasher and dryercondo locationsticky bunsentire condomy wife and i have stayednorth shorerental processcleaning suppliesenjoying the viewprivate lanaieasy accessevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2009

What an awesome place! It's so difficult to truly learn about a place by researching it online. For instance, Trip Advisor says this place is .1 miles to TC's Island Grill restaurant, when it was more like .5 miles to TC's. This place is right across from the new Brick Oven Pizza restaurant.

It's location is pretty central. When we go on vacation we don't sit around in our room, we treat it more like a home base. So being central is key and this place is about equal between the North and South parts of the island. You can't drive around this island because of the Na Pali coast so you must drive through Kapaa going North or South.

We loved this condo. It had so much stuff you don't expect when traveling... more home than hotel room. There was a LAN cable for high speed internet but I got wireless on the couch. Kitchen had everything which was cool. (i.e. blender for smoothies, etc.) BTW, the farmers market were great - don't forget to try a white pineapple! It also had the latest version of the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook which was INVALUABLE.

Another great thing about this condo (but I'm not sure if it's still available) was the use of water equipment. This saved us so much $$. When we stayed there was a note from owner indicating there was snorkling equipment, surf and boogie boards in their storage area and left their number. Our friends stayed in a condo down the hall and left a few days after us and when they were talking to the new visitors in #206 the note was gone. I checked my phone log and the owners number was [--]. Can't remember their names but they were nice. My kids first surf experience - awesome!

I read some reviews of traffic noise for the condo building but we heard no noise - just ocean waves. This condo was next to the pool and not near the road. Waves were so loud we had to buy a CD of waves when we got home just to get to sleep!

There's a guy named Fred who managed the building and he's such a help. Just put him on your speed dial and you won't be sorry.

I had a different image in my head before going to Kauai, but after being there we didn't want to leave. It was that good.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Icarus88
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed at WBV #204 for a week in Sept 2009. The condo was very clean, nicely furnished and the kitchen well equipped. The flat screen tv and internet access were a big hit with both of us. Chuck, the owner was very friendly, easy to work with and he gave us some great tips on places to see while visiting Kauai. The location was perfect too. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony in the mornings an watching the waves. Some days there were surfers, paddle boarders and even a kite boarder enjoying the surf. Other days, the water was very calm. There are some good restaurants nearby within walking distance. And it's in a great central location for enjoying the island.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MizNadine
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at the Wailua Bay View. Our unit was on the first floor and, like all others, had an amazing view of the beach and ocean. We spent almost all our spare time out on the lanai just enjoying the view and the weather. The unit was completely furnished and outfitted with everything we needed - full kitchen with supplies, bed linens, pillows and towels, some beach gear and chairs, and entertainment (cable, CD player and music, books, card games, etc.). It's basically an apartment that is set-up and ready to go. The place was clean and we left it the same way (as you're required to do). We didn't even realize until a few days into our stay that the sofa was also a pull-out bed, so the unit can accommodate 4 people easily. The beach is within walking distance - about 50 steps away. The complex has a very small pool (no hot tub), a library, BBQ grills, and a lot of pamphlets to pick up for activities around the island. We thought the location was excellent for exploring the island - it's in the center of the island so you're not too far from anything in either direction. Plus, you are very close to two main grocery stores and the Walmart and Kmart for your food supplies. Unfortunately, people ignore the advice to not feed the chickens so other units managed to bring flocks of chickens to the common areas each day by throwing down food bits. There are also tons of mosquitoes - despite keeping the screen and windows closed (and using repellent!) we were attacked by them day and night. The only major downside was the construction noise from about 9-5 daily (they were fixing the roof on the complex). I think we got a September construction rate though, so I can't complain too much. Plus, free wireless in your room (or ethernet cable) and free parking! We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed at the Wailua Bayview Condominiums, unit # 203, Sept. 9th-15th. I chose this location thru a site called VRBO due to the generally positive comments by others and the location of the condo in relation to where things are on the island.
I arrived late and even as I opened the door I knew things were going to be good because I could hear the waves crashing on the beach just outside the window it seemed. Dropped off my things and headed a few miles north to Safeway and bought some staples. The condo has pretty much everything you would want in your own condo, all up-to-date appliances, well furnished, lots of ceiling fans and a modern air conditioning unit that runs quiet and pumps out nice cool air.
The beach is quite close and there is a gas station not too far away. Noise from the station was a concern (noted by others) but in truth, it was a non-issue because it was actually quiet there and with the ac on, you couldn't hear anything outside at all. It was a treat to be able to have a nice breakfast on the balcony eating fresh fruit and watching the sunrise in the mornings. Sometimes you'd see some of the locals out there fishing from the beach and later folks laying out getting a tan.
Just a few tips for those that have not been to Kauai or any of the Hawaiian islands. If you plan going somewhere for the day, go early. Parking on some of the north shore beaches fills up fast and early. Planning on hiking the Na Pali? Yep, go early. Less hikers and the view are great earlier in the day, later on the clouds roll in and blot out your views. (I recommend the Awa-'awapuhi trail, breathtaking from the lookout but a bit of a haul headed back :)
If you are looking for a very nice, comfortable, conveniently located place to stay you would have a hard time finding a better place. Ted, the owner, made the whole experience pleasant and a wealth of knowledge about the local area. Thanks, Ted

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank lifetimietraveler
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed in #205,which was very nice,and recently redone in 2008.The location is excellent,and close to everything you may need,or want to do.Kapaa is centrally located on the east side of Kauai,so it is an easy drive to the north,or south shore.Ted has another unit there,and it was redone also.We used VRBO and booked online.
We had like 16 pictures to view,so i think multiple pictures are a plus,to avoid disappointment after you arrive.
Mahalo!