“Nice unit right on the ocean.”

Wailua Bay View Condominiums
Ranked #4 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Kapaa
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We booked out Unit #111 through VRBO and loved the place. The unit was a little tired but had everything you would need. The views from the Lanai were fantastic, we were only metres from the ocean. The pool and communal facilities were well maintained, We were glad we chose this area to stay in as it was quiet, yet had many restaurants and shops within a short distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthOzzies

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The view from the balcony (every unit has a bay view !!!) worth the price !!!
Decor and furniture appear being little old, but overall fine. Air conditioning in the bedroom makes it confortable and nice. You don't have to worry about bringing linens, towels (house or for the beach) or even beach chairs, umbrella. Everything is there for you and your family (we had boogie boards too !!!). Nice pool and grills in the common area.
Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Wailua Bay View Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Wailua Bay View. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! I am not sure if you stayed in one of the condos we manage there, but I am glad you found the condo equipped with everything you needed. The views also cannot be beat!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed at unit #115 and we absolutely loved it! The unit seemed to be recently remodeled, was nicely furnished, very clean, not cluttered compared to the other condos we've stayed at before. The view was just fantastic! Walking distance to a couple good restaurants, the Brick Oven Pizza and Kintaro's Japanese Restaurant. The property manager was really nice, she checked on us making sure we had everything we need. Everything was just perfect until we had to leave and my husband got like a stomach flu on our last day! We were going to cruise to the south side before leaving for the airport but he was too sick to leave by 10 am check out! Good thing the rental company was very understanding and gave us a late check out!! We will definitely come back to this place next year!!

1  Thank Samantha S

Thank you for your review of the Wailua Bay View and condo #115, which we manage. I am glad you enjoyed the views, and found the condo very comfortable and clean. It is also great that you got to try some of the nearby restaurants! Sorry to hear that your husband got sick on the last day, but I am glad the late checkout was able to provide you with extra comfort before catching your flight. We hope to see you again at the Wailua Bay View in the future!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were sooo excited to get to condos, after a long flight we looked forward to our vacation. Once we got to the property, the manager Tim was gruff and didnt welcome us, he simply said "call that number to get your room number", then he reminded us several times "this isnt a hotel, I hate sand". LOL! Once we figured out our room number, we happily started our vacation, we didnt let him ruin our excitement.
The condo could use some updating (linoleum floors, stained carpets, worn patio furniture, etc.), if you're interested in pictures I can post them. There were plenty of towels and cleaning supplies. The bed was sunken in on the side I slept on (not a good thing)...and I made the mistake (?) of washing the linens, only to discover an old pillow (bio-hazard) LOL. Needless to say I stopped using it. My husband bought a pillow at the local walmart.
Besides all the small stuff, we had a fabulous time, we grilled on the BBQ, we made breakfasts there, watched the ocean, we had a wonderful view and enjoyed the fresh breeze. Try the sticky buns across the street at the bakery, YUM!!!!!
I would definitely stay here again...I think with the condos, its hit or miss, some were modern and super nice, ours was good, no real complaints. Thank you Wailua Bay View!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luvtoCancun
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Wailua Bay View Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Mahalo for your review of the Wailua Bay View. I am not sure if you stayed in one of the condos we manage there, but glad to hear you had a fabulous time and would definitely stay again. We hope to see you back at the Wailua Bay View in the next year or two!
A hui hou

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Wailua Bay was a perfect location to stay on the island. There were many attractions close by. Shopping was close by. Groceries were very close. Walmart, K-Mart & Costco were not far away for souvenirs & supplies, or even to pass the time on those days of inclement weather.
The multiuse pathway was a nearby, wonderful place to walk and enjoy the ocean views and sights. It is almost 5 miles in length.
Lydgate Park is just across the bay. Another great place to safely enjoy the water and the beach. There are places to picnic or one can stroll on the walkway.
The unit itself had a nice ocean view. Loved the sound of the crashing waves. We were in unit 202, so our view was partially trees and an old shell of a restaurant destroyed and abandoned after the hurricane hit.
It was noisier than normal because of road construction right beside the condos. They worked a few nights as well. Wasn't bothersome for me though.
The unit was quite dirty when we arrived. Seemed that no one had been there for a while. Had to clean the dresser drawers before we could unpack. They were full of sand and my wipes were black when I cleaned the next day. Couldn't unpack the evening we arrived. Also had to clean the kitchen cupboards. Only washed out the ones we used. Had to buy lots of cleaning supplies. The floors looked fairly clean when first entering, but my floor wipes were black after doing a few feet.
Liked the flooring though. It was quite new and easy to keep clean. The bathtub needs updating though.
Our phone did not work when we tried to book activities, etc. Took a few days to find someone to resolve the issue. Could never find anyone in the office when we were around and we had no phone to call.
Also, we were there for 3 weeks and had supplies - toilet paper, soap, paper towels, toiletries, etc. for a little more than a week.
Loved the beautiful flowers and food basket from the owners that was delivered. Was a very nice and welcoming touch.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with numbers higher than 3 and on higher floors would have better views. 204, 205 or 304, etc...
2  Thank 905terryc
CondoRentalsHI, Vacation Rental Agency at Wailua Bay View Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your review of Wailua Bay View and condo 202, which we manage. I am glad you found the location to be perfect. I would have to agree that there are a ton of conveniences, restaurants, and great beaches all nearby. It is also only a 30-minute drive to get to popular towns to the north and south of the island. I am sorry that you did not find the cleaning up to par. Each condo we manage is professionally cleaned by different companies and we will make sure to inspect the standard of cleaning in this condo moving forward. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hopefully hosting you again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in WBV 204. The location is perfect - it's halfway between either end of the island, which is very convenient when going to Waimea Canyon, Ke'e Beach or the NaPali trailhead. Across the street from the condo you'll find a great bakery as well as a Japanese restaurant. The kitchen is well appointed. We ate in most of the time. Wal-Mart is not that far away. Costco is also nearby and it has a wonderful selection of fresh, local seafood. The barbecue grills near the pool area worked well.

The Bike/Pedestrian pathway is a hop and a skip away. Great for walking off those Mai Tai's while taking in the wonderful scenery. Speaking of the pathway, for those late sleepers, we do recommend a cheap pair of ear plugs, as the County was making some improvements to it nearby. Likewise for the nearby road noise, but it wasn't really a problem. We slept very comfortably and peacefully. Oh - speaking of the pathway - you can also rent bikes if you wish to ride instead of walk. Pretty cool. For those less adventurous souls, just hang out on the lanai for some wonderful viewing. Perhaps you'll see turtles frolicking a few feet away just off shore. We were also fortunate enough to see whales most every day, which surprised us as it was at the very end of whale season.

The owner (Chuck) was always on top of things and wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay. The front office staff was extremely helpful and always pleasant to work with. The wireless connection came in very handy when scoping out things to do. We recommend this condo very highly. We'll be back! Mahalo!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CondoRentalsHI, Condo Rental Agency at Wailua Bay View Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Aloha and thank you for your review of the Wailua Bay View and unit 204, which we manage. I am glad you enjoyed the views and all the nearby attractions. It sounds like you really got to explore the island! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our vacation was ruined by the Property Manager who for reasons unknown to us was obnoxiously rude (maybe because we were Indians). He would talk nicely to everyone but would be be sullen and condescending while talking to us. Smoking is prohibited in Lanai and rooms and there is a smoking area in the most windy part of the property but sometimes when it was raining or too windy, I would smoke in the parking lot (no rule that says not to smoke in parking lot and I would always throw the butts in the trash)
The manager during these instances has behaved so badly and rudely - to the point of threatening. I regret not taking this matter further and complaining to his boss or just even being rude back at him. I say he is racist for he had no reason to behave similarly with my husband( who by the does not smoke) similarly. I like the room there but would never- ever go back. I have never been so insulted in my life-(travelled all over the world and have never met people like him).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vineeta204
CondoRentalsHI, Vacation Rental Agency at Wailua Bay View Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Aloha Vineeta,
We represent the vacation rental agency that manages many of the vacation condos at the Wailua Bay View. I am glad to hear that you liked your specific room. We are sad to hear that you had negative things to say about the onsite property manager. We have never heard of any complaints about this manager and when we spoke to him about this matter, he mentioned that numerous times he had tried to remind you to head to the designated smoking area on the property for the consideration of the other guests and owners at the property. I hope you understand the need of the property to enforce strict smoking policies and do not take the requests as a personal strike against you.

Condominium Rentals Hawaii

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#2 of 11 in Kapaa

Been to Wailua Bay View Condominiums? Share your experiences!