I booked at the Wailua Bayview upon the recommendation from a friend and we were totally excited. As it got closer to the date of travel I started looking at reviews and I got REALLY nervous!!!
Thankfully when we got there things weren't as bad as some of the other people had written about other unit. Now, that isn't saying they were perfect BUT for the price we paid it was tolerable. I wish there had been newer carpet (you could see the brown paths where everyone walks) and I wish the bathroom had been cleaner but again, the price for 9 days in paradise was hard to beat.
I loved that when you looked out from sitting on the couch all you could see was ocean! Just ignore the comments about the restaurant. Yes - it is run down but we never saw anything besides a chicken around or in the condo but the chickens are EVERYWHERE so if you are afraid of chickens don't even both going to Kauai.
If you are looking for a cheap place in the middle of the island with easy access to everything and near the beach this is the place to stay. We'd ceratinly go back here if we go back to Kauai!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wailua Bay View is a three-story oceanfront condominium complex overlooking Wailua Bay, a popular surfing and kite surfing beach in Kapaa. Each condo has a private lanai overlooking the ocean, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wailua Bay View Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Hotel Kapaa
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Kauai/Kapaa