We had a very comfortable and relaxing stay for six nights in condo unit #307 at the Wailua Bay View. We really enjoyed the great view of the ocean and of Wailua Beach. The unit was well equipped, nicely decorated and clean. The kitchen had everything we needed as we fixed breakfast, lunch and some dinners in the condo. The unit appeared to have new tile floor (kitchen), carpeting and furniture. This unit has an air conditioner in the bedroom. Each condo unit is decorated differently as they each have different owners. The exterior of the building, pool and grounds are well maintained. This was the second time that we stayed in the Wailua Bay View condos, the other being in 2004 that was in a different unit. We really enjoyed our stay both times.
We found the one bedroom condo was a great value for Kauai, considering it is an ocean front property that is well maintained. We rented our unit through Condominium Rentals Hawaii. We also included a rental car with the package through Condominium Rentals Hawaii. We found that the check-in process was easy with no problems; we just used the lock box code for the key that Condominium Rentals Hawaii provided to us via email before we left for Hawaii.
The Wailua Bay View is a great location on the eastside of Kauai. There are two bakeries access the street, as well as a gas station that we found to be convenient for filling up our rental car before returning to the airport. Wailua Bay View condos are within easy walking distance to the Coconut Market Place.
We noticed some of the reviews talked about the road noise from the nearby main highway. We did not find this to be an issue. I think that might be the case with some of the units with a lower number, as they are closer to the highway. We actually had more noise from the pounding of the surf from the ocean at night with the sliding glass door on the lanai. Actually the sound of the ocean was soothing and added to the tropical experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wailua Bay View is a three-story oceanfront condominium complex overlooking Wailua Bay, a popular surfing and kite surfing beach in Kapaa. Each condo has a private lanai overlooking the ocean, full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Wailua Bay View Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Hotel Kapaa
- Wailua Bay View Condominiums Kauai/Kapaa