1,261 results
All reviews state park lydgate park wailua bay the cottages open air lobby resort fee beach mats beach park breakfast buffet hot tub close to the airport ocean view front desk staff free mai tais lihue airport great property nice beach
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

We had the best experience. Great location and couldnt have asked for better. Stay in the protected swimming areas! Sunrise ceremony was amazing too! The beaches were clean, views were stunning! We will definitely return!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed June 9, 2019

The property is gorgeous and has a wonderfully central location. I knew we were going to be driving all the way south and all the way north on different days during our trip, and this location made it easy to do so without driving for hours. It's right next to the beach park, Wailua River Valley, and lots of small local shops. There's also some historic places on site (sacred heiau).

The staff was nice, they answered questions and gave us all the information we might have needed.

One issue (which wasn't a huge concern) was that house keeping was rather slow... We planned mostly morning adventures so when we returned around 2 or 3 each day, our room wasn't cleaned yet and by then we wanted a nap so throughout our 4 days there we never had the room cleaned. As a tip, though you have a keurig in your room, they provide fresh coffee and tea in the morning at the entrance with different flavored creamers. Once we discovered this we opted to go there for coffee rather than making it in our room.

The dinner options were minimal, especially for a vegetarian (no vegan options). We ate there twice out of convenience but for the price/amount of food you can do better elsewhere at nearby local eateries. The breakfast buffet, on the other hand, was great. There was a large selection of different foods: waffle maker, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, etc. plus on top of that you receive a hot, made to order dish.

The only real downside was the layout of the hotel. There's two pools each situated near the back side of each building, so if you wanted to go to the pool that's on the other side, you either had to go through your building, the entryway, then through the other building and out that back door to the pool (and if you're wet it's just uncomfortable), OR go all the way around the property (there's a dirt path, but they're not connected). The staff entry/exit should really be made accessible to guests.

Overall, would stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms on the bottom floors have chairs outside for your comfort. Ocean view is the best option!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2019

GREAT SERVICE. Really nice staff. Nice place. Nice pools. Nice breakfast and dining. Concierge knows her stuff and booked us nice outings. The park and beach right outside the door of the hotel was great. Our kids really enjoyed it.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I really don’t understand why this hotel has more than 4 stars. The hallways smell terrible (sometimes it smelled like a dirty public bathroom) as well as the rooms (musty, moldy, smelly sheets).
I saw some reviews regarding unfriendly staff but my experience with the staff wasn’t really bad. When I first checked in the room smelled horrible so I asked for a change. Front Desk changed the room for me right away but sadly it wasn’t much of a help as it smelled as well.
Don’t be fooled by the 4 star reviews! There are probably other hotels that provide way better accommodation with the same price. I truly regret my decision to stay here.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank heejlyu
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

I am not staying here but I just got off the phone with Tina as she helped me secure tickets to the Luau and she was simply amazing. Her energy was so good and she was so incredibly helpful. Thanks so much Tina. I’m sure everyone who interacts with you just loves hanging out with you!

Looking forward to meeting you in person next week.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple