“All that is good about Hawaii”

Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Sedona, Arizona
“All that is good about Hawaii”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stay here several times a year and can't say enough about the staff and the hotel. Always greeted like a friend by Lissa at the front desk. Stay close to 100 nights a year in Marriott hotels all over the world and have never encountered better staff anywhere. Truly make you feel welcome. This is an older hotel that was update several years ago. Right on the ocean and the grounds are beautiful. Quieter than some of the resorts on this island but that is what we prefer. Location is perfect for day trips throughout the island. For a truly relaxing vacation this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Korean first
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My first impression of the Courtyard By Marriot Kauai at Coconut Beach was that "this must be what heaven is like." I plopped my suitcases on the bed, changed into swimming clothes and headed to the ocean front beach where a big wave promptly knocked me on my butt a few times over. My first impression of the Courtyard By Marriot Kauai at Coconut Beach was that "this must be what heaven is like." I plopped my suitcases on the bed, changed into swimming clothes and headed to the ocean front beach where a big wave promptly knocked me on my butt a few times over. After I was done I used the outside shower to clean out the sand in my suit and rinse off my feet and legs. Then it was in the giant hot tub and later the perfect pool. I had to pinch myself to make sure this was not a dream. All I could think about was that this place is beautiful... I am really here and what new adventure I was going on next. During my stay I walked a good distance up and down the beach. I also walked into town and shopped at a grocery store and ate out one night at a tasty Italian restaurant. My room was just right and I had a few very good meals at the Makai Lounge and the Voyager Restaurant. The staff was nice and the location was perfect for me to walk out and back. The tour bus picked me up each time at the front door of the hotel. My room was just fine and well kept and my stay at this hotel was amazing.

Room Tip: My room opened up to view the ocean, beach, pool, and courtyard area. It was perfect.
1 Thank Michael M
Placerville, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is probably our fourth time staying here over the last 3 years and it just keeps getting better! Grounds are kept clean, rooms are up to date and most of all they have the friendliest staff on the island! All of the front desk staff are exceptionally friendly!! Lissa remembers us every year and makes us feel like we are special.

Great location, right in the middle of things without feeling the traffic, hustle and bustle of Kapaa! Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Staff is always will to move you to an ocean view room if available. Just ask!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff and communal areas a lovely and location is fabulous with amazing sunrises directly in front of the hotel.

The room itself had numerous hairs in the bath, on the toilet and on the bathroom floor, sand in the bedroom and 4 plastic bottles and a golf ball under the television stand as well as goodness knows what else.

If you do mind cleaning the room yourself, the hotel itself will not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EuropeaninAsia
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is average for Courtyard Marriott. Several balconies are very small, triangular in shape. Not close to much (stores, groceries, restaurants) and they provide no shuttle van. The concierge people are very knowledgeable about Kauai and all the Hawaiian Is. Pool area is nice for sitting around. The Marriott pillows are SUPER. Laundry machines available, in room refrigerators and hair dryers. If you are visiting during a humid time you will only find relief in your room. As soon as you step into the hallway or lobby there are not enough ceiling fans to make a difference. Be careful, I was given a handicap room that I did not request, nor need. NO counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank janet s
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Kauai for three nights and had a fantastic time. The hotel is not like any other Courtyard you've ever stayed it. It's more like a resort with a great pool, wonderful views, multiple restaurants, bars, nightly local entertainment. In addition it is everything you've come to love and respect about Courtyard hotels - it was clean, comfortable, safe, and had a ton of amenities. The sunrise over the beach was fantastic and the complimentary coffee in the morning didn't hurt either. In the evenings they treat you to an "Aloha Hour" with fresh Mai Ti's - a real treat! The hotel is close to Kapaa town, two grocery stores and tons of outdoor activities. I would definitely recommend staying here to all of my family and friends!

Room Tip: You don't have to spring for the ocean view rooms - get the garden view and then walk out of you...
1 Thank Carol D
omer, israel
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we stayed for 4 nights, and had great time. comfortable room, reception warm and friendly. service of concierge was good and we got a helpful orientation on our first morning, the ocean view was nice, although we would prefer less blinds on the windows.

Room Tip: high floor with ocean view. 487 or even 387 are good, 488 better but may be more expensive
1 Thank d0vb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
Kauai Shores, an Aqua Hotel
Koloa Landing Resort
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
Kaua'i Marriott Resort

Been to Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach? Share your experiences!