“This Must be What Heaven Is Like”

Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My first impression of the Courtyard By Marriot Kauai at Coconut Beach was that "this must be what heaven is like." I plopped my suitcases on the bed, changed into swimming clothes and headed to the ocean front beach where a big wave promptly knocked me on my butt a few times over. My first impression of the Courtyard By Marriot Kauai at Coconut Beach was that "this must be what heaven is like." I plopped my suitcases on the bed, changed into swimming clothes and headed to the ocean front beach where a big wave promptly knocked me on my butt a few times over. After I was done I used the outside shower to clean out the sand in my suit and rinse off my feet and legs. Then it was in the giant hot tub and later the perfect pool. I had to pinch myself to make sure this was not a dream. All I could think about was that this place is beautiful... I am really here and what new adventure I was going on next. During my stay I walked a good distance up and down the beach. I also walked into town and shopped at a grocery store and ate out one night at a tasty Italian restaurant. My room was just right and I had a few very good meals at the Makai Lounge and the Voyager Restaurant. The staff was nice and the location was perfect for me to walk out and back. The tour bus picked me up each time at the front door of the hotel. My room was just fine and well kept and my stay at this hotel was amazing.

Room Tip: My room opened up to view the ocean, beach, pool, and courtyard area. It was perfect.
1  Thank Michael M

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is probably our fourth time staying here over the last 3 years and it just keeps getting better! Grounds are kept clean, rooms are up to date and most of all they have the friendliest staff on the island! All of the front desk staff are exceptionally friendly!! Lissa remembers us every year and makes us feel like we are special.

Great location, right in the middle of things without feeling the traffic, hustle and bustle of Kapaa! Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Staff is always will to move you to an ocean view room if available. Just ask!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff and communal areas a lovely and location is fabulous with amazing sunrises directly in front of the hotel.

The room itself had numerous hairs in the bath, on the toilet and on the bathroom floor, sand in the bedroom and 4 plastic bottles and a golf ball under the television stand as well as goodness knows what else.

If you do mind cleaning the room yourself, the hotel itself will not disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank EuropeaninAsia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel is average for Courtyard Marriott. Several balconies are very small, triangular in shape. Not close to much (stores, groceries, restaurants) and they provide no shuttle van. The concierge people are very knowledgeable about Kauai and all the Hawaiian Is. Pool area is nice for sitting around. The Marriott pillows are SUPER. Laundry machines available, in room refrigerators and hair dryers. If you are visiting during a humid time you will only find relief in your room. As soon as you step into the hallway or lobby there are not enough ceiling fans to make a difference. Be careful, I was given a handicap room that I did not request, nor need. NO counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank janet s
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Kauai for three nights and had a fantastic time. The hotel is not like any other Courtyard you've ever stayed it. It's more like a resort with a great pool, wonderful views, multiple restaurants, bars, nightly local entertainment. In addition it is everything you've come to love and respect about Courtyard hotels - it was clean, comfortable, safe, and had a ton of amenities. The sunrise over the beach was fantastic and the complimentary coffee in the morning didn't hurt either. In the evenings they treat you to an "Aloha Hour" with fresh Mai Ti's - a real treat! The hotel is close to Kapaa town, two grocery stores and tons of outdoor activities. I would definitely recommend staying here to all of my family and friends!

Room Tip: You don't have to spring for the ocean view rooms - get the garden view and then walk out of you...
1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we stayed for 4 nights, and had great time. comfortable room, reception warm and friendly. service of concierge was good and we got a helpful orientation on our first morning, the ocean view was nice, although we would prefer less blinds on the windows.

Room Tip: high floor with ocean view. 487 or even 387 are good, 488 better but may be more expensive
1  Thank d0vb
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent a couple of enjoyable nights here.
The front desk were very helpful & friendly - we were given guest of the day honours and given a giant yummy pineapple & leis. We think we must have been the only guests that day... :)
The room was comfortable - fantastic bed and selection of pillows.
The restaurant was yummy, brekky was great and bar service good.
The Safeway and other shops were just a short walk away.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing have a sea breeze
1  Thank MissT603
courtyardkauai, General Manager at Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Aloha and thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. The team here works hard everyday to make all our guests feel special but its great to hear when its over the top! I will share your wonderful comments with the staff. Mahalo and hope you are able to return soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
#10 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection
Marriott's Kaua'i Beach Club
Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay

Been to Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach? Share your experiences!