WorldMark at Kapaa Shores
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsmurphy bedview of the oceanno air conditioningfull moonevery morningwould stay here againhot tublounge chairsprivately owned unitthe sliding glass doorcrashing wavesliving roomstayed dayslaundry detergentbeach frontwalking distancerooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2014

As WM owners for 12 years, we have stayed at many WM properties and have experienced quite a range of facilities. This one is just OK and if not for the great location on the shore, we would rate it lower. There were no in-room laundry facilities and we had to pay to use the central facilities, which were not very high quality. The unit interior was OK but fixtures were outdated and worn. We decided to look past the facilities and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean front suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Islander8869
Kapaashore, Manager at WorldMark at Kapaa Shores, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Aloha,

Mahalo for the kind words. I want you to know how much we appreciate your visit to the resort, and how much we value you. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Hope our “Garden Island” left you with lasting memories for you all.

Kapa'a Shore Ohana

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I got in late after the office closed but check in was handled in a quick and efficient manner. Went to the office the next day and I was greeted by friendly helpful staff. One bedroom unit very nice. Unit location had a great ocean view. Centrally located, close to everything that I needed. Will definitely come back. Full kitchens allow you to cut costs by eating in sometimes. We ate breakfast in and most other meals at the many options available in the area. This is "homey" living vs lap of luxury but provides a restful convenient place to enjoy all that Kauai has to offer.

Room Tip: Ocean view a must
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sworrels
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We are not overly particular about our condos as long as they have the amenities we have come to expect from our Worldmark ownership. We like having a washer/dryer/kitchen and comfortable bed; beyond that we don't require much as we are off going and doing all day long. We loved our location, the view from our room and the sound of the ocean each night. If you are looking for something "fancy" this is not it, but it more than met our needs and wants. We were able to walk to everything in Kapaa we wanted to see and do and it was conveniently located to both North and South Shores. Though there were only two of us we liked being in the two bedroom unit because of the third floor location. It would not be good for someone who has trouble with stairs. We definitely plan to stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Abby P
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked last minute to celebrate our 10 year anniversary using my family's bonus time. The resort is located close to a few good restaurants and shopping places (Safeway, Starbucks, Lemongrass Grill, Shrimp Station to name a few). The view is breathtaking - absolutely amazing. Front desk staff was friendly but unlike other resorts, there was no concierge to help plan activities. The beach on the grounds is essentially inaccessable; very rocky, signs advising not to enter. Pool and hot tub were very nice and usually empty. The room was just okay; we had a two bedroom suite and the full size bed was not comfortable. No AC, which would have been SUPER nice, but after visiting many places it seemed like very few stores/restaurants/etc had AC. No ocean view from upstairs loft but the windows were open and ocean sound was nice. The room was clean enough, and it's really handy having the washer and dryer in the room. I don't think it's uncommon on the island, but we had three lizzards in our room. They were harmless but something we weren't used to! The only vending machines on the property were for soda, so for quick snacks it was a walk to Safeway - and I say walk because traffic pulling out of the resort is steady. Luckily, Kauai drivers seemed very nice and would yield to pedestrians.

I didn't think the mediocre reviews would matter too much since afterall, we'd be in paradise, who would stay in their room?! Turns out we did, as my husband was sick the first and last full day we were on the island. I feel like we could have gotten a better value for our money. It wasn't bad, it wasn't fantastic, it was just okay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jdt_1381
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am a Worldmark Timeshare member and this resort is part of the program. I have stayed at Worldmark resorts in Maui and the big island previously and have enjoyed them immensely. The location of this resort is excellent. It is within walking distance of several shopping centers and restaurants. The resort grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The pool area is recently renovated and is lit up with blue lights at night, making it very beautiful. I was lucky enough to have a direct ocean view room, and was able to watch the sunrise every morning which was beautiful. The resort does not have air conditioning, but there are ceiling fans and extra portable fans in each room. Due to having no AC, the units are very humid and sticky. The bed was a little to firm for my taste.

My biggest complaint though, is the vertical blinds on the sliding glass door. It was impossible to have any privacy as the blinds were in disarray. I was constantly trying to fix them so they were all facing the same way, but it was impossible. I noticed some other units had shutters instead, so hopefully they will switch all units to this. I was unable to sit in my unit at night with the lights on without feeling like everyone in the courtyard could see me.

Another thing to note is that the front door does not shut all the way on its own. I found this out when I left the unit for the first time and noticed that the door was not latched, although it has appeared so and sounded like it latched. Just be aware. I didn’t use the kitchen except for the refrigerator, but it appeared well stocked. Also, someone else pointed out on here that they only had 2 pool towels, but I had 4 and extra toilet paper and paper towels, so I’m not sure what that is all about. My smoke detector went off at 7 am in the morning for no apparent reason (as there was no smoke or cooking going on), but didn’t have any other problems with it going off. Very strange.

I would stay here again, but I’m taking off a star for the blinds. It really detracted from an otherwise nice stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo