“PEACEFULL”

Aston Islander on the Beach
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This establishment has a very relaxed feel to it. Service is ok. I guess you payt for what you get. At the end of the day it si a bed that you nbedd to lay your weary body done after doing all the sightseeing. whilst I was thier construction was taking place. iot did not bother me one bit. Avoid The beach as it has rip tides/currents aand it is dangerous. Swim at your own risk. Book tours with the hotel concierge.

Room Tip: rooms facing the beach are nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,759)

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I booked a one week stay at Aston Islander on the Beach and utilized their package pricing (room, flight & car rental). We absolutely loved the place - so much so we have since purchased unit #268 and look forward to our next trip to Kapa'a. We appreciated the friendly staff that work under guidance from Kaniela Neves, GM, and found the entire complex to be perfect for our needs not to mention the well-groomed grounds and gardens. We also like the convenience of shopping and eating at the Coconut Market area next door. There may be more expensive and elaborate places to stay but none that we have seen to date.

Maholo

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TFD3
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed here many times. Nothing amazing but has what you need. Rooms are average. But clean. Pools are nice. Movie rental machine available. Service just ok could have been much more friendly. Unless you have rented a car it's not very close to stores but there are always buses for that. Outdoor grills and seating are a nice touch for those who like to eat in. Lots of roosters and even some ducks and their babies. I will stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank NataNice
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at the Aston 7/19-7/26. This was our first time in Hawaii and we will definitely be back and stay at the Aston Islander on the Beach again. The front desk was very helpful in providing information as well as the bar tender that worked by the pool. Our room was nice and very close to the beach. The price was great as well as the location to everything else on the island.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Despite the ongoing renovations which caused a fair amount of noise during the day, we loved our third visit here, especially as the beach, pool and barbeque areas were never crowded or noisy and very relaxed.The hotel is only 3 levels (no elevator unfortunately) which makes it far less like a tourist hotel. Like others, we learned to specify an Ocean FRONT & not Ocean VIEW room, although this was rectified quickly to a super room on the corner where we could listen to the waves. The room was clean and well equipped for a longer stay, although we ate meals at local cafes (car not required). Coconut Marketplace was a little sad (many shops closed) but I hear changes are coming. Parking is easy and free as if wifi.

Room Tip: Ocean front not view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kirstine2013
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I should clarify up front that my reservation isn't until September 2014; however I am so frustrated with my experience so far that I needed to vent. I am trying to celebrate my 5 year wedding anniversary with my wife. We booked our trip for September 18 -25 2014. When booking the trip through a separate online vendor, I selected the garden view room option. This option indicated there was a choice between 2 double beds and a king size bed. That is pretty standard language and made me think we could choose when we arrived (again, pretty standard). When we got our final confirmation, it said we are getting a room with 2 double beds. When I called the front desk, I spoke with a representative that proceeded to explain to me that a king bed would be an upgrade and would require us to pay an additional 50 dollars per night. I felt completely duped and tried to explain this to the customer service rep. Even after explaining the nature of our visit, the CSR was unsympathetic and downright rude at times. I'm still holding out hope that our stay will still be enjoyable but as if right now, we are off to a HORRIBLE start

• Stayed: July 2014
18  Thank Skinnerdan
Kaniela N, General Manager at Aston Islander on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Aloha..

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your reservation with an upcoming stay at the Aston Islander on the Beach. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while confirming your room type. Rest assured that we will accommodate your requirements to ensure your experience here at the Resort is an exceptional one. I have directed my staff to accommodate accordingly. Please contact me directly if you have any additional concerns regarding your upcoming stay. I look forward to hosting your stay on the beautiful Garden Isle of Kauai.

Mahalo,

Kaniela Neves
808-822-7417

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I booked (and paid extra for) an Ocean Front room (not Ocean View). My room was RM363 and although the balcony does look parallel to the beach, it DOES NOT face the ocean. That room, in my opinion, is Ocean View. Although I have heard that this resort classifies an ocean view room quite loosely as well, meaning you can technically SEE the ocean, but it could be almost entirely obstructed. Anyhow, the staff was nice and the room was clean and the AC worked very well. There was construction, but they posted that on their website before we even booked, so I knew what I was getting into. I may not stay here the next time I visit, but it was a very good value. Just an FYI- the rooms are actually OWNED. This property is, more or less, a property manager and they rent out rooms for the owners.

Room Tip: If you book Ocean Front, maybe call them and specify you want one of the buildings that FACES the oc...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Randi C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
3 mi away
#2 of 11 in Kapaa
Plantation Hale Suites
Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection
Garden Island Inn Hotel

Been to Aston Islander on the Beach? Share your experiences!