“Very nice place to stay”

Aston Islander on the Beach
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I went to Kauai on november 2013 with my friend. We had a double room, beds were super big, the room was spacious and all in all very nice. Aston Islander has a great location it\s practically on the beach, with nice pool and poolbar. People working there are very kind and helpfull. I without any hesitations recommend this place

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maja K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My family and I stayed there and it was perfect from the first to the last day. Beautiful grounds and maintained daily. Room was great and a nice view from the balcony helped :-). The weather was not great but it did not matter at all. It was not hot or always sunny but the air was fresh and the rain time very short. We shopped at Safeway and Costco and had a little kitchenette (no stove). We ate out a few times and it was not as costly as we had expected. I left part of my heart in Kauai and cannot wait to go back with my family for longer than 10 days. So much left to see there. We went to the South side of the Island on the last day and it was amazing. We enjoyed the North side too but there was something magical to explore on the South. Just a feeling I cant wait to fulfill. I am so thankful my brother in law found Paradise for all to experience. A heads up is rent your car before you go....we had to wait a few days to get one but it was worth the wait. Message me if you have any questions and I will answer if I can. There is another Aston down the road and people we met said it was just as good and cheaper with a continental breakfast provided.

Room Tip: Try get one with a view........beautiful place to wake up too. Both our balconies had good views...
1  Thank Alexis M
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed for a week in Hawaii Building #216, we rented from the owner. Everything was very nice, the pool was invigorating and the hot tub was great. The place is landscaped immaculately and if you are on a budget this is a great place to stay. Parking was a nightly challenge but we never had to park in the over flow parking at the Coconut Marketplace. Wifi is available in the lobby but not in this particular unit. We got a very good rate and this area was about equal driving distance to the North Shore and South and West Side of the island. I gave it a 4 out of 5 which is very good.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Knights3254
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Kauai and this hotel was a very nice place to stay. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. We slept well and the room was a good size. A very nice, quiet, relaxing resort and good value for the money. The grounds and setting were beautiful and always a pleasure to walk through. Will stay here again.

2  Thank BernieG53
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I booked this hotel threw priceline.com and what a mistake that was. I got the room for $110 a night. It said it was 16% savings. Not a great savings but that is the chance I took. Then I went on there web page on the price was $98 a night! I called priceline.com and was told they have a lowest price guarantee. I was happy with that. They went on to the webpage and could see that the price was indeed $98 a night. So then he said he put the dates in and there are no rooms available so he cant confirm the price. WHAT? The price is right in front of your face! This does reflect badly on Aston as well. They partnered up with Priceline and I paid $110 a night for something they are charging $98 for. I have not been to Aston yet... that trip is coming up but I already have a bad taste in my mouth about the family surprise trip we are taking. I will NEVER book anything threw priceline.com there are lots of other sites that do the same thing. This was a rip off. I have used other places that match prices and this has never happened.. You never know what your REALLY going to get. I wasted over $120. I will update my review after I stay there and see if this problem was worth it.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK THREW PRICELINE.COM they do not honor there best price guaranty.
4  Thank amdonno
Kaniela N, General Manager at Aston Islander on the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Aloha...

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your reservation. I apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered during this time. I will speak with my Sales and Marketing department regarding your experience with Priceline in an effot to alleviate this from happening in the future. Additionally, your are able to book your reservation directly at Astonhotels.com for any future stay within our portfolio. You may also contact the property directly if you have any questions with a reservation.

Mahalo,

Kaniela Neves
Aston Islander on the Beach

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We actually rented a unit from Aloha Condos within the complex. It was a small studio, but we knew it going into to it. One thing we would have preferred was a larger bed. Everything we needed in the unit was there for us. Parking was a problem, often had to get a pass to park of the street. We especially enjoyed the quiet & the ocean views. We were up every morning to see the sunrise. We have been to Kauai before but never stayed on the beach, this was so fantastic. Location was central for us, we like to get in the car & go.

Room Tip: We did notice the ocean front rooms had large flood lights, we stayed on an ocean view which was gre...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed for a week and loved it. Got up every morning to watch the incredible sunrise right from our private balcony as we had breakfast. We saw whales every day out on the horizon and sea turtles right at our beach there. We loved the fact we could go anywhere on the island easy as we were right in the middle of the islands main road. We rented from "KrellersGetaway.com Brad was very friendly and on top of everything to make us feel at home. The complex was quiet, very well maintained, and manicured. Nice pool and hot tub but we chose to enjoy the beautiful sandy beach with great snorkeling right there. Coconut marketplace was right across the parking lot for anything we needed.

Room Tip: You have to get an ocean front room and see the sunrise from your private balconyo
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
3 mi away
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#3 of 11 in Kapaa
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

Been to Aston Islander on the Beach? Share your experiences!