First, great location. Kapaa is the best city on the island simply due to location to both the north and south shore. Had an Oceanside room and hearing the waves each night with your door open - great stuff. Very clean grounds and the beach outside the door, while not the best for swimming, was still relaxing (though some of the chairs are in disrepair). Seems like most of the guests staying here were older so it wasn't super loud, but nonetheless, the hottub is cannibalized every night by a younger crowd. The BBQ grills were a godsend; instead of going out every night and spending tons of money, we hit up Costco in Lihue and stocked up on shrimp, steak, chicken, etc. and literally saved us hundreds of dollars and well-recommended to minimize your costs.
Construction is currently going on and they are replacing the far west building's roof. They have done this to a few of the buildings so it will continue for a bit. The construction noise is tolerable though it does distract from the experience. The bar is also being renovated and is currently down. No biggie since you should be buying your own alcohol anyway. What is not acceptable is the parking situation. Good luck trying to get a spot after 7pm as it's simply luck at that point. Pretty much every review states the same thing and it's definitely worth a demotion of one star simply due to this headache.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a stunning oceanfront location, Aston Islander on the Beach offers true island hospitality with warm service and convenient amenities. Contemporary tropical-inspired guest rooms include air-conditioning and private balconies. Sitting on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, Aston Islander on the Beach features a sparkling pool with a poolside bar, lush gardens for strolling, and a beautiful beachfront location - popular for viewing Hawaiian monk seals. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. It's impressive oceanfront and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. Please note: The hotel collects a daily amenity fee which includes DVD movies and Playstation 3 game rentals, Airport Shuttle service (must call hotel direct at least 24-72 hours in advance to make arrangements), a refreshing welcome drink per guest, daily newspaper, daily coffee and tea, in-room safe, WiFi internet, and local & toll-free calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai/Kapaa