Background: 2 40-ish adults and a 4y/o staying for a full week....
This hotel is a great central location (east side) for all tourist activities, really nothing is too far from here...having read some negative reviews, I can comment on some of the issues....
1. parking: yes, there is a deficiency, but if you get in early in the day there's plenty of spots. The later in the day situation is that you get an overflow spot at the coconut marketplace. This may only be a problem if you have mobility issues. So when you pull in, talk to security with name and rm # and you get pass. never an issue with towing or security.
2. staff: they were super nice at every contact! very accommodating in a room switch we needed, plenty of towels!!!, housekeeping was good and kept their distance when not needed...we got towels and tp, left a big tip, and we were good..concierge teena was so nice to us and my daughter!
3. pool and beach: pool was perfect size, hottub was nice, deck was great, bar and bartender perfect, the beach is a bit rocky on shore, but you can move down a few feet to soft sand....plenty of lounges and plenty of sand to sit on...very quiet as far as crowds
4. construction: there are some remodels being worked on, but not close to our building, so not an issue....
5. resort fees/add-ons: I think its at every hotel hidden or exposed, here you get wifi, and unlimited current movies at their kiosk in the laundry room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a stunning oceanfront location, Aston Islander on the Beach offers true island hospitality with warm service and convenient amenities. Contemporary tropical-inspired guest rooms include air-conditioning and private balconies. Sitting on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, Aston Islander on the Beach features a sparkling pool with a poolside bar, lush gardens for strolling, and a beautiful beachfront location - popular for viewing Hawaiian monk seals. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. It's impressive oceanfront and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. Please note: The hotel collects a daily amenity fee which includes DVD movies and Playstation 3 game rentals, Airport Shuttle service (must call hotel direct at least 24-72 hours in advance to make arrangements), a refreshing welcome drink per guest, daily newspaper, daily coffee and tea, in-room safe, WiFi internet, and local & toll-free calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai/Kapaa