The hotel itself is very old, but is going through renovations so it is more modern. It does have air conditioning which is very nice on the hot sticky days. The room itself was very clean and comfortable to live in while we stayed on the island. The only complaints I got from some people were that there are no elevators here...so if you are on the third floor be prepared. The staff themselves were very friendly and helpful with ideas for great local haunts, food places, and sites to see. Be aware though that Aston does charge a $10.45 fee a day for the amenities, so be sure to have extra money set aside for that at the end of your stay. The best feature was the grills at the pool! What a way to save money when everything in Kauai is so expensive. Do go to the farmers market and pick up some fresh fruit for breakfast which is located about 1/4 mile away from the Aston, which was very convenient at the Coconut Market place. The Aston Islander is a great place for older people or people who are newly weds, and yes the saying does hold true to this island, "This island (Kauai) is the island of newly weds and nearly deads." Meaning everything is quiet and closed down by 9pm the latest...which is really nice for those who don't want to hear their neighbor coming in at 4am in a drunken state.
Overall we would come back to this place. It was money well spent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a stunning oceanfront location, Aston Islander on the Beach offers true island hospitality with warm service and convenient amenities. Contemporary tropical-inspired guest rooms include air-conditioning and private balconies. Sitting on six acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, Aston Islander on the Beach features a sparkling pool with a poolside bar, lush gardens for strolling, and a beautiful beachfront location - popular for viewing Hawaiian monk seals. Enjoy the convenience of the adjacent Coconut Marketplace's 60 boutiques and restaurants. It's impressive oceanfront and plantation-style charm make this relaxing resort the most enticing retreat on Kauai. Please note: The hotel collects a daily amenity fee which includes DVD movies and Playstation 3 game rentals, Airport Shuttle service (must call hotel direct at least 24-72 hours in advance to make arrangements), a refreshing welcome drink per guest, daily newspaper, daily coffee and tea, in-room safe, WiFi internet, and local & toll-free calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Aston Islander on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Islander On The Beach Hotel Kapaa
- Aston Hotel Kapaa
- Best Western Kapaa
- Resortquest Islander Beach Kauai
- Islander Beach Kauai
- Aston Islander On The Beach Kauai/Kapaa