“We Love Hotel Coral Reef”
Review of Hotel Coral Reef

Hotel Coral Reef
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
California
“We Love Hotel Coral Reef”
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I highly recommend Hotel Coral Reef. The staff is wonderful and the service is outstanding. We especially love Rhonda, George and Susan. They were helpful and very welcoming. The rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. We especially loved the large jacuzzi bathtub and the ocean view from our room, which was just steps away from the sandy beach. The online photos of the Hotel Coral Reef do not do it justice. It is way more beautiful than the photos. Downtown Kapaa is walking distance from the hotel where you can find a variety of restaurants and a delicious bakery which is next the the ABC Store. We will be back next year for sure. Just remember to bring lots of bug spray. The mosquitoes are always hungry.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank USAMyHome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2011

One of the best places I have stayed in Hawaii. Small and quaint, but big on service and friendly people. I was in Kauai for work, and the location of the Coral Reef Hotel(Kapaa) was perfect. My room was nice and clean with a very comfortable bed. You can walk right out to the beach, or take the path right into town. The grounds were kept immaculate, even during a stormy day, by a kind and friendly man, George. The lady in the office, Susan ,was extremely helpful in planning my days off, as well as helping me locate the best local fish and fruit markets, as I am a private chef. She was always smiling and knew me by name right away.
Cant wait to stay with them again!! Jason-North Carolina

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JasonP1974
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 10 days. The room was large and spacious and nicely decorated. For the price I could not believe that we were right on the beach. I loved that we could open the blinds every morning and watch the sunrise over the ocean from bed.
One of the things I really appreciated was that the air conditioning device was so quiet and all adjustable. The room we had on the second floor had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The only complaint I would have is that only 1 of the cleaning staff felt that she should be tipped every day and when she wasn't she would not leave towels. Some people won't have a problem with tipping the cleaning staff every day.

1 Thank drifter1960
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We LOVED the Hotel Coral Reef. The room was perfect with a gorgous ocean view. The staff were friendly and helpful. The coffee in the office was stupendous and the pool was great too. It is a perfect location for exploring the entire island as it is in the middle of the North and South shores. Tons of good places to eat nearby and liked it because it is much smaller than most other hotels - hence no crowds. It is a perfect location to relax, unwind and enjoy all Kauai has to offer.

2 Thank mimithecrab
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I took my mom to Kauai for her birthday in October. I chose the Hotel Coral Reef based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. Also it was on the beach & seemed reasonable priced.
They went above & beyond to make our stay fantastic. We stayed on the first floor so my Mom wouldn't have to do the stairs. They even counted how many stairs so I could make the best decision on which floor to be on. We watched the sunrises from our beds. Then went out to the patio to have tea & watch the chickens. They even made welcome lei's & a besautiful flower arrangement in honor of my Mom's birthday. We felt like we were staying in our own little home. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It's convenient & very laid back. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank J2PTRAVELER
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I tend to rate places based on value not on how much I like the place. So the 5 stars is a reflection of the cost vs. the service and amenities received. Save for a small hiccup with the room key not working right away, check-in was a breeze and the lady who held the room for us and got us situated was very sweet and helpful. The room itself was a bit dated and small with some sounds of traffic on the main road, but was overall very clean and safe. While certainly not in a resort area, the beach fronting the hotel which I found non-swimable based on surf conditions was still scenic enough to enjoy the view and soak the sun. Conveniently located across the street was the wonderful "Kountry Kitchen" and "Small Town Coffee Co" both highly recommended. The entire staff at Coral Reef was friendly and unpretentious like the property itself. In conclusion I would not recommend the hotel for a week long romantic vacation but would recommend this place for any couples seeking a respite from the mainland for a few days, groups of friends looking to have some fun on Kauai and generally anyone that wants the freedom to explore the island while saving money by not staying in a top resort in Princeville or Poipu. While the hotel had a Miami Beach/Atlantic City type feel, the beaches of Hanalei are a nice scenic drive away making the location in Kapaa desirable and overall it was a pleasant experience.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BeachvsMountains
Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed December 8, 2010

We searched out the best value we could find online. We couldn't have dreamed how beautiful the Hotel Coral Reef would be. The staff is so helpful with setting up activities. The beach is gorgeous and right outside the oceanfront room. The bed was so comfortable, and the crashing waves and breezy palms drifted us to sleep each night. Leaving was the hardest thing to do!

1 Thank ilovehawaii070806
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
Garden Island Inn
#1 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa Landing Resort
Courtyard Kaua'i at Coconut Beach

Been to Hotel Coral Reef? Share your experiences!