“Great Korean-style food”

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Nice little family-run place. Definitely not fancy. Very clean.
Both dishes we had were a little salty for my taste, but otherwise excellent.
Delicious (quite mild) homemade fresh kimchi. Best I've had outside of Korea.
My bi bim kook soo was very good. Came with very tender grilled chicken.
The Ball and Chain had galbi. Other than the above mentioned salt, it was tender and tasted great.
Definitely worth a return trip.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

My wife and I had dinner here one evening after a day of exploring the island of Kauai. The service was great and the food was excellent! We were both so full after our meals. We highly recommend this restaurant for those who want to try Korean food and would definitely make a stop here again when we visit in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2009

Our second visit the Korean BBQ near Kapaa; across the street from Mema's.

My thanks to all those who recommend the kal-bi (short ribs)! I had the combination kal-bi and the fish-jun. A nice contrast in texture and taste. If you don't try the kal-bi you are missing a taste treat. My wife had a mixed pork and vegetables dish, which she liked. We will return to continue sampling the menu and certainly the Bi Bim Bap.

The restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived a little after 6PM, but soon filled and there was a steady stream of phone orders for take-away.

Reviewed August 25, 2008

Right near Kintaro's on S. Side of Kapaa. Open till 9pm nightly. Was there tonight and had the dinner special combo for $13. Brought my own wine & had a great meal. Next time I'll get just the Kalbi ribs as they were sooooo good.
They have a large variety of Korean foods and Saimin and the tempura was also great. I'll be back.

2  Thank jjmmd2003
Reviewed June 19, 2008

We purposely made a stop here after reading all the reviews. I have to agree it was a great little hole in the wall place. The decor is nothing fancy, but it's clean and service was fast and polite. The food was good. Not 100% traditional but very close. I think they just cater to local flavors and ingredients. Very good. I would eat here again.

2  Thank maggie_blossom6