“Great little spot for eat in or take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Korean Bar-B-Q

Korean Bar-B-Q
Ranked #30 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, WA
“Great little spot for eat in or take out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We picked this spot based on other Tripadvisor reviews, because it was close to our hotel in Kapa'a and we love a good Korean BBQ and plate lunch. It's in a little strip mall and is very simple. We were greeted by the very sweet and gracious hostess, whose warm smile was just charming. She encouraged us to sit anywhere and quickly came over with water and offered us other beverages. The menu is pretty extensive, from plate lunch and BBQ to Bi Bim Bop. We ordered the BBQ chicken and BBQ beef combo plate, which she told us was their most popular. It came with home made kim chee, and a nice clear broth soup. While not fancy, the meal was delicious. The chicken and beef had wonderful flavor and were grilled perfectly. Sometimes I find korean BBQ beef to be a bit fatty/gristley) and this had none of that. It was very tender. The plate came with a couple little sides of pickled sprouts and slaw, both of which were tasty and macaroni/potato salad and rice. For an affordable, tasty lunch you can't go wrong here.

Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good for a "just got off a 9-hour flight" dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

After the flight from LAX, we were dreading what was still open at 8.30pm in Kapa'a. Didn't want fast food. Certainly not hotel food. "HEY! That sign said Korean BBQ!" Small place with mostly locals. Sweet Korean family running the place. Food was fresh In-house, homemade kimchi was SO fresh and yummy! Prices are decent. Food is yummy!

• Visited October 2012
Northern California
“Kimchee Krazy for Korean BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Visited on a Monday evening just before 6 PM for dinner. Were the second table to be occupied and a third table filled soon after we arrived. Several take away orders were phoned in while we dinned.

This is my third review and likely fourth or fifth visit.

My wife ordered the Meat Jun – marinated Rib Eye dipped in egg and fried – served with soup, Kimchee, vegetables, rice and potato-mac salad. She enjoyed the mini serving size and said the larger serving option would have been too much food.

I cannot resist the Kimchee Soup – spicy stew. I mostly order this soup because it sets a standard for spice and flavor that is hard to beat in a soup. I also enjoy the waitress trying to talk me, an old white guy, out ordering the dish. I have to reassure her I have had the soup before. After the meal she asked me if it “was spicy enough?” to which I responded with a hand gesture indicating so-so, she gasped and then laughed as she realized I was joking.

Our total bill was just over $20.

Bonus - They now sell containers of kimchee and other fermented vegetables for $5. Too bad I had already purchased kimchee from Foodland.

• Visited January 2013
Mitchell, Oregon
“Order the Family Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

There was tons of food for the price. So much that we took about half of it for leftovers lunch the next day. Not a fancy place, more of a place where the locals would go.

Visited December 2012
Porterville, California
“very good place to grab lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

this is a great place to grab a lunch to take with to the beach to eat
love the bibimbap as well as their kolgi
but could use more spice

Visited October 2012