Review Highlights
Fantastic Island Tour

We took this tour 9/7/18 and can't say enough wonderful things about it. It's the best tour that... read more

Reviewed September 11, 2018
Maps798965
Kauai Soul Travel

One of the best Tours I’ve ever been on. Coco Maria is outstanding.Her knowage of the Island... read more

Reviewed September 5, 2018
Bob A
via mobile

All reviews spouting horn personalized tour poipu beach hawaiian history plants and animals a lot of fun sea turtles waimea canyon small group cookies north shore highlight of our trip sleeping giant coco sights geology stories
Reviewed March 17, 2018

Going with Coco was the best decision we made for seeing Kauai. We were thinking of doing it on our own- mapping out a route around the island, google-mapping the roads we'd have to follow to see all of the highlights. But we realized that we would be spending much of our time tensely looking for unfamiliar roads with less than optimal signage, with a lot of backtracking. An exhausting prospect.

Instead, we had a most pleasant and educational exploration of the island, with Coco doing the driving and commentary in this land that she knows like the back of her hand. At one time, the main highway was blocked by protesters. We would have been completely lost as to what to do to get back on track. But Coco simply turned down a side road and announced that the sequence of sights had been changed, but that we'd still see them all. A lot has been said about how knowledgeable and engaging Coco is. It's all true. But even more than that, we had a most relaxing, entertaining and informative tour of Kauai with Coco at the helm.

Maria C, Owner at Kauai Soul Travel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Dear Craig,
Mahalo for your review. I am very pleased that your experience with me was educational, relaxing, fun and smooth. I will be happy to have you on any of my tours in the future. A hui hou. Until we meet again.

Aloha

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Coco is great at showing you why Kauai is such a wonderful place. She is very proud of this island and it shows in her tour. Gives great info and has a lot of fun sharing. Look forward to visiting her again.

Maria C, Owner at Kauai Soul Travel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Dear Juli,
A big Mahalo for sharing your experience with the travel community. I am very please to know you had a good time with me. I would be honored to guide you on your next Kauai vacation.
Warmest Aloha & a hui hou, until we meet again :)

Reviewed January 30, 2018

I found Cocoa on Tripadvisor and booked her services for a day in private tour to go around Kauai.

A resident of Kauai since she was 19 and having raised kids in Kauai, she is as local as you can expect

She worked with me in flexible manner and was able to show us south Kauai to North Shore.

She is very knowledgeable, knows how to engage kids and adults both in the conversation and able to share and teach a lot about Kauai and Hawaii in general while keeping it light and fun. She carved out the itinerary to suit our needs and kept us all on track with time to spend on beach as well

I learnt so much that day myself. She recommended some books and I bought one of them which has further enhanced my understanding of Hawaii and have further deepened my appreciation and love for Hawaii :)

She hung out with us all day, brought fruits , cookies, papayas, bananas for us and also helped us buy Hawaiian Vodka and nuts and partied with us on north shore as sun went down. Our group have a deeper connection with Kauai because of Cocoa and our group remains in touch with her

I would recommend Cocoa for excursions in Kauai hands down

Dear friends,
Your review gave me a big smile. It was so much fun cruising with you all and getting to know you. I hope in the future our paths meet and I can create another wonderful experience for you and your ohana.
Warmest Aloha & Blessings :)

Reviewed January 24, 2018 via mobile

Coco is funny and so knowledgeable about the history of the island and it’s people. We have spent 2 days with her hiking and touring. We learned so much, and enjoyed doing it. Plus, she has set us up for more stuff to do on our own. Our tour today with an intimate group of five, made for a very personal experience.

I would highly recommend her and Kauai Soul Travel.

Aloha Friends,
Mahalo for sharing your experience with the travel world, and for choosing me as your on island guide. Let me know how I can assist you on your next Kauai adventure. Im aways happy to create something unique for my guest. Happy travels and warmest aloha :)

Reviewed December 20, 2017

My wife, Andrea, and I have taken tours in more than 20 countries. Coco Maria's tour is easily in the top 3 (the other two were private tours -- in Egypt with a PhD in Egyptology and in England with a PhD in British History). Coco Maria has developed a knowledge of the geology of Kauai which she brings to life in a very entertaining fashion -- as well as the history of both Kauai and Hawaii from the Marquessas and Tahitians to the present.

From the beginning of the tour we were entertained with stories at each of the ten stops (along with two secret stops that I can't reveal!) that brought the land and culture to life. The sea turtles and the pig at the Wailea Falls were bonuses.

The lunch at the Sheraton gave us a chance to know the small group we were with (she only takes 12) - and the food was fabulous. Don't take a tour -- join Coco Maria for an experience.

Maria C, Owner at Kauai Soul Travel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Bob & Andrea,
Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience with the TA community. I am just so honored and delighted to have made such a wonderful impression on a well traveled and versed couple. I hope I can serve you in the future. Happy trails wherever life takes you.

Warmest Aloha & a hui hou