Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours
Great fun!

Reviewed January 21, 2019
ateach52
Neuchatel, Switzerland
Loved it, bring bug spray

Loved seeing this property. A time capsule of damaged luxury from the 1960s. Loved the informative... read more

Reviewed November 7, 2018
557berniea
Rancho Mirage, California

Recommended experiences in and around Kapaa
from $124.13
from $98.99
from $155.21
from $9.99
More Info
All reviews blue hawaii hurricane iniki wedding chapel elvis fans informative tour bring bug spray great fun restored jaspers larry movie death tales knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

Prepaid. Was told to arrive early 9:45am for 10am tour. No show. No call. No tour. VERY DISSATISFIED! I can not submit without scoring. I’d give you minus 10 but since I want to leave this review I’ll have to against my will give it a 1

1  Thank VLV2019
peachykeen69, Manager at Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2019

Very sorry this happened to this guest. High winds caused a cancellation of the tour. I did talk to the guest via phone. Our apologies.

Reviewed January 21, 2019

We had been at the Coco Palms back in 1988 and I was dismayed to find it was gone because of Hurricane Iniki! The next best thing to staying there again was to go on this excellent, very informative tour. The guide, Bob Jaspers, really knows his stuff and he transmitted a wealth of information on the resort with lots of great anecdotes. His good sense of humour made it all the more fun! Definitely a must-do tour if you are an Elvies fan or remember the Coco Palms from its heyday. Do bring bug spray, though. The mosquitos as the size of small birds:):) The cherry on the cake was a private concert at the end of the tour with ..... Larry Rivera. A well-known figure in Kauai, he worked at the Coco Palms for years and years! He's now 88 and still going strong! Not to be missed!

1  Thank ateach52
peachykeen69, Manager at Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2019

Thanks a bunch for going on the tour. I hope to see you again someday....especially when the hotel is rebuilt. Mahalo Nui Loa.....Bob

Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

The website will allow you to book a tour seven days a week. Do NOT book tours through the website. We booked for a Friday morning, and received automated confirmation emails with instructions to be at the "airstream on site" at 10:00am. There is no airstream on site.

Nobody showed up. We called the phone number in the email and were greeted with an automated message saying that tours had been cancelled for that day, and they would only be conducted on Fridays, starting the following week. The website says Sunday to Saturday, signs on the property say Monday through Friday, but in reality, tours only occur on Fridays.

Additionally, all attempts to contact the tour coordinator for a refund have been ignored.

I'm sure the tour is great. I'd have loved to see the property. Unfortunately, the tours are being horribly mismanaged.

2  Thank Cole E
peachykeen69, Manager at Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2019

We have been in close contact with Cole and are processing his refund. We are so sorry the tour was cancelled that day due to illness.

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Loved seeing this property. A time capsule of damaged luxury from the 1960s.
Loved the informative tour and I hope to one day see it all restored. I would book immediately. It was once very grand and could be again.
The Blue Hawaii connection is also a plus.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank 557berniea
peachykeen69, Manager at Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Thanks for letting me show you the historic Coco Palms. I hope to see you again in the future. Aloha, Bob

Reviewed October 29, 2018

My Wife's parents always stayed here when they visited Kauai. We have many of the pictures of them taken at the Coco Palms..So it was interesting to hear Bob's tales and to see first hand where the picture's were taken. We even had a mint condition brochure of the wedding chapel that we showed Bob.. The place is pretty much a shell of what it once was but we enjoyed the narrative and the chance to meet Larry Rivera.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Steve S
peachykeen69, Manager at Coco Palms Tours & Tee's - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thanks so much for going on the tour. It was fascinating seeing the chapel brochure and being able to read its' contents to the other guests. I hope to see you again in the future. Aloha, Bob