“Fantastic Vacation”

Waipouli Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Kapaa
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed in A304 and the view was nothing short of amazing. We were right on the beach and overlooking Oasis. We never heard any noise from the restaurant or other people in the rooms. The few complaints I have are the constant hassle by security at the pool about wearing a wristband, the small balconies and the beach area. At the pool, they said that they were cracking down on people who were not staying there were using the facility.

The balconies from the living room and the one bedroom were rather small. Compared to a place we had in Maui, they were tiny. the only one that was useful was off the master bedroom which had the table.

The beach area was not very useful for swimming. There was coral and rock at the waterline.

The room was great and the owners took pride in their unit. We had a cooler, boogie boards, chairs and an umbrella. In the kitchen there were spices and plenty of cooking supplies.

The property was clean and very well kept. The location was central to everything you could want but it seemed like we were always driving to Lihue.

We always had amazing sunrises and the full moon was unbelievable.

1  Thank Mark V

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed in G401. Perfect view of the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other side. This unit was perfect. I had read all the reviews good and bad so I did not know really what to expect. It was great. The entire resort is perfect. Pool staff was so friendly. I had heard reviews about the pool bands. My Granddaughter kept losing hers and the staff just kept bringing her a new one. Rooms was spacious and met all needs. We gave the kids the master and my wife and i took the other. The tub was shower and tub condo and it was a little difficult for my wife to get in and out as she just had back surgery. No issues though and she just went to the 3rd shower. Can't beat that. Restaurant was awesome. Closed one day for a wedding but no issues as we just grilled out in the barbecue area. That was also great. One burner was not working but other 2 worked fine. Everyone loved the pool. Always found a chair. This location was the greatest as far as location as we were halfway between the north or the south. 5 minute rain shower everyday. First day we packed and went to the room and it quit before we got there. Other days we just stood under the palm tree and quit within minutes. Again I had read all of the reviews good and bad before I went so did not really know what my expectations were. I cannot find a negative review for this resort. If I return to Kauai this will always be my home away from home. Grocery right across the street. Take the few minutes to get a Safeway card as it will save you money. Be sure to eat at the Country Kitchen. Plates will now hold pancakes. In all everything was perfect.

1  Thank JAR1957
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We rented a 2 bedroom condo for 11 days- with one other couple. When we arrived we couldn't believe how gorgeous the condo was, spacious and clean and three balconies! Paid for a partial view and it was better than expected!

We got married right on the waipouli beach, it was lovely!
Only drawback is that their beach although beautiful isn't that suitable for swimming- however there are many on the island- close too!

The pool, lazy river, gratto, and three hot tubs were awesome and always clean! So we didn't mind not swimming off our beach. We brought large thermoset for pool drinks and were set- but there is a bar/ restaurant on site. The food there is beyond expectations! Excellent, but alcohol is very pricey! We bought alcohol across the street at the 24 hour Safeway and saved our money for dinners out, as we tried to cook breakfast and lunch in the condo for the most part.

If going out is your thing the town of kapaa where waipouli is is within walking distance and has all sorts of neat stores and cool restaurants, however we learned within the first day if you plan on exploring the island or have excursions you have to get to, you NEED a car or you'll spend hundreds and hundreds on cabs (not cheap).

Island car rental had cheap rates and did airport pick up and drop off, cars aren't new by any means but request AC and you'll be fine!

The resort bar had a band twice a week and sitting out on the balcony and listening and having drinks was a favourite pass time. They also have three or so large bbq s by the pool for guests to use- we did one night and it was great!

I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone- not a party place if that's what your looking for, great for chill couples and families:)

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank jess m
Belinda D, Manager at Waipouli Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you for your time and review! Our staff is happy you enjoyed your stay on Beautiful Kauai and the Waipouli Beach Resort, our location, top of the line full service condos and amazing amenities makes for wonderful memories of your family vacation. Please give us a call at 1-800-688-7444 to plan your next getaway!

Mahalo nui loa & A hui hou’

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Don't get me wrong the place is nice, location is good, but so far our experience hasn't been the best. We get to our room, H301 and as we are looking around and getting settled there is this annoying buzzing throughout the place that we can't seem to locate. We call, they send a maintenance guy, he says is it the same noise in the hallway, yes it is. He can't do anything about it we will have to wait 2 days until someone else can come check the roof a/c. Monday we ask about it and are told nothing can be done about it. Really? I walked the other buildings and I don't hear that noise. It's so annoying I can hardly hear the ocean even though I paid for an ocean room. I wore earplugs at night and could still hear it. The beds are way too soft and all you get at Outrigger is feather pillows, not good if you're allergic. Also the set up is like a hotel with indoor corridors and loud banging doors all the time rather than like a condo. The Outrigger Fairway Villas on the big island were quiet, with outside entry ands not shared walls on both sides, like I picture a condo should be. I'm so unhappy with this annoying buzz I would like to give the place 1 star, but it is nice, and close to grocery stores and shopping and restaurants. Without this horrible noise I would give it 4 stars.

Room Tip: Stay out of H building until the buzzing stops
3  Thank Tammy L

Aloha,

Thank you for your time and review. The buzzing noise in building H has since been corrected. The owners Association who handles the public areas did get the appropriate parts flown in and it is fixed. I am sorry, you were not informed that we have hypo-allergenic pillows upon request at the reception desk. We hope to see you again on Beautiful Kauai!

Mahalo nui loa!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Unit E105 was beautiful and clean. Being a vacation rental owner ourselves, we really appreciated small details like books and games to entertain our children. Parking was easy and having grocery stores across the street was convenient.

However, it is 11 pm on my birthday, Father's Day, and our anniversary, and I am ticked off because of our pool experiences. The 1st day, we waited 25 minutes to get towels. The second, he would not give us an (yes, singular) extra towel or allow our children's "aunties"to enter. There is a maximum of 6 guests per unit, but we were a family of 5, with children who are 6,4, and 2. So he and I both left messages for Candace from Kauai Calls and when she called me back, she was very nice and apologetic. Obviously the problem was not solved. Apparently, in the 2 hours I spent frustrated, I found out I was not the only person who found it difficult to get a towel.

I am upset because we saved and made sacrifices (as I am sure many of you have) to afford this property. Then to have stupid policies and stingy attendants at a "five" star resort keep you waiting and haggle over a towel is ridiculous. Unfortunately, we have 2 nights left so we're trying to make the best of it.

I

5  Thank DCblessings
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family of four stayed here for 5 nights and loved every minute of it! We got a 2 bedroom suite, which was totally worth the money and gave the kids their own room, allowing the adults to be able to stay up later. G201 is a great suite with a full kitchen, living and dining room and 2 patios with outdoor dining and lounge furniture. The pool area is one of the best on the island, with 2 slides for the kids and a lazy river layout, plus several spas. Everyone was friendly and helpful and we had no issues with checking in or during our stay. It's a great central location for visiting both the northern and southern parts of the island. We loved our stay and would definitely come back!!!

1  Thank Lauren C

Aloha,

Thank you for your time and review! Our staff is happy you enjoyed your stay on Beautiful Kauai and the Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort, our location, top on the line full service condos and amazing amenities makes for wonderful memories of your family vacation. Please give us a call at 1-800-688-7444 to plan your next getaway!

Mahalo nui loa & A hui hou’

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Used VBRO to rent D303. Was a great value. This was a perfect location to be able to go north or south to visit Kauai. The two master suites were very convenient for our party. The modern appliciances were a plus. Greg was a perfect host with tips about the island. Can see the "Sleep Giant' from the living room. Minutes from the airport. Will stay again when we come back to Kauai.

Room Tip: Use VBRO to get the best value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank OregonTraveler1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kapaa
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Waipouli Beach Resort? Share your experiences!