“Mixed reviews-mixed results”
Review of Kauai Pasta Kapaa

Kauai Pasta Kapaa
Reserve with OpenTable
Kauai Pasta Kapaa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 128 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: none (highway frontage)
Description: We are family owned, chef driven restaurant specializing in Italian comfort food while offering upscale contemporary daily specials. Our KP Lounge features handcrafted signature cocktails, a boutique wine selection, quality beers & unique tapas menu. We appeal to families, couples, visitors and locals alike. We can offer a private banquet dining room, or entire restaurant buy-out for special occasions or corporate events. We strongly recommend reservations, but gladly welcome walk-ins. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The reviews here and elsewhere show a variety of reports, both positive and negative, and it would seem there might be a problem with consistency. Honestly, the rave reviews make me wonder if some people have ever had really good Italian food!
Be that as it may, we did our reservations online for a group of 7 adults and 5 children, and were a bit apprehensive because we had three adults with a plane to catch later in the evening. The speed at which our orders were fulfilled was amazing so our fears were relieved, and our host was very gracious when bringing the food, as some of us had changed places.
Much to my chagrin I forgot to ask for the Caesar dressing "on the side", and when the salad came it was drenched in dressing. My wife couldn't eat it, but I did, even though it was disappointingly at room temperature. I like my salads cold and crisp!
The pesto chicken was ok, although the chicken was not hot all the way through.
The others in our group seemed to like their meal just fine, and we were out of there in just under an hour and on our way to the airport.
Would I recommend it? Yes, if you are really hungry for Italian food (which I was), but your expectations need to be realistic; Kauai is a long ways from Italy!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We dined as a group of 6 on a Saturday. After being greater promptly, we waited about 10 minutes to be seated. Pretty amazing on a busy Saturday night! The waiter, Tyson, demonstrate extreme professionalism. Tyson was ready to discuss drink specials and menu highlights the moment we were seated. He brought our drinks and several loaves of house baked bread in minutes. We also tried the calamari appetizer. Delicious! It was crispy and topped with a spicy drizzle. Our meals followed shortly. Pasta was fresh and cooked to a perfect aldente. The house sauce had a spicy flavor to it and small pieces of meat, all which elevated the dish to amazing. For desert, we had the bread pudding. It was served warm, amd quickly disappeared. When we got the bill, we were shocked of the extreme value. The level of service, quality of food, and location make this establishment a must try. Overall, Kauai Pasta Kapaa is well worth the trip!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The only thing better than the food was the service! Very reasonable prices and good food. Don't even think of leaving without having cheesecake.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place for dinner, had the pesto fettuccine & chicken Parmesan. Service was good & refills on water & soda kept coming. The white cream sauce was very flavorful. Bread was extra delicious. It's kauai so Italian choices are limited, so it fit the bill.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We frequent KP so we were shocked at how awful the service was the other day. It was lunch time and our waitress acted like we were annoying here just being there. She was so rude, no hint of a smile, no 'hello', it was unbelievable. She took our order and when the food came out we never saw her until she dropped off the bill while we were in the middle of eating and walked off again. I wanted dessert but I wasn't going to go through the trouble of making her do it. I asked her for a box 15 minutes later when I paid my bill, cold look on her face no 'thank you' no 'have a nice day' after we paid (and for some reason left a tip) or when leaving. We will return when management decides to train their servers.

2  Thank theREALgirl