“A Special Place!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Special Place!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very special place! The grounds are beautiful and very serene. We took the guided tour and the guide was exceptional. He did a great job explaining the Hindu belief system and the history of the monastery. The views of the river are breath-taking and unforgetable. You will not regret visiting this very special place!

1 Thank 58AnnaMB

Fremont, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Peaceful and calming”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Loved the location and the serenity of the place. They gave us a tour and we loved how enthusiastic our guide was. She was very knowledgeable about the relevance of the various sculptures that were being constructed for the new temple

orange county
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Positivity Prevails”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My teen and I couldnt book a guided tour so we just showed up before 9am and chanced it. We arrived with plenty of parking available. We started out walking down a path to the temple. We were allowed inside the temple to listen to the chants/prayers which were so astonishingly pleasant to our ears that the time just flew by. We left to tour the gardens, and then were told to come back for the second part that involved the visitors participation- if you wanted to join in. The second chanting/prayers were just as phenomenal as the first one however, this one had fire, flowers, ashes to place on your forehead, a milky liquid to sip (i think goats milk), and a general overall feeling of euphoria all around you. We left feeling like we had been truly blessed. On the way out we stopped at the little store and bought some small items, then walked toward the car and saw the "challenge vase"? (i cant remember the name of it) papers and instructions and we both put down a challenge, burned the paper as instructed, and left feeling like we were walking away from a little piece of heaven.

2 Thank sandshells
Carlsbad, California
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Serenity Now”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

For years I've wanted to visit and finally decided to make it happen. I'm not Hindu, but went one day for the 9-12 meditation/puja and visited the gift shop. BTW I didn't know what a puja was - but just followed others who were helpful and kind. Left feeling lifted and refreshed. Returned for the guided tour on Friday. They were full, but I had my family drop me off - anyone can go, but they have limits on parking. The guide provided lots of information and I was surprised to find people there from Carlsbad where I live - yet many locals in Kauai have not been here. The history and way they are building this temple in India and transporting it to Kauai is an amazing feat. There is no charge for this and the grounds are beautiful.

Visited July 2012
Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful and peaceful”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

What a spiritual and quiet place to meditate and pray. We actually were able to enter the temple and meditate. The powerful energy inside makes you feel in peace. The view of the river is outsatanding.