“Fried Mac 'n' Cheese!”

The Green Pig
Ranked #50 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We discovered The Green Pig at the Taste of Hawaii event. The fried mac 'n' cheese was amazing! We enjoyed the open face pork sliders as well, but went back more than once for the mac 'n' cheese. Wish we could have made it back to their truck to try more of their menu.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We really liked it! Our first visit to the Green Pig and the great write-ups brought us there. Skip had the Pig-aHolic sandwich with pork tenderloin, pulled pork and Jake's bacon (aka, Jacon). He was in Seventh Heaven and I'll confess that having read about the fried Mac n' Cheese, we couldn't resist. I had the Pork tenderloin SW and it was delicious. It was pouring with rain but we were nice and dry under the tents....Good thing we aren't staying closer or Skip would be there every day!

1  Thank trvel4fun
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I'm adding an important fact to my last review: After much field research and comparison, the Green Pig makes, by far, the best burger on the Island too. BOOM.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stopped for lunch on 16 May 2014 with my wife.
She ordered the special - Blackened Ono sandwich – which she requested not blackened. I order the plate lunch with pulled pork.

My wife enjoyed her Ono sandwich and commented the addition of beets and carrots was a nice added touch. She forgot to order the fried Mac-and-cheese side – maybe next time.

My pulled pork – served over rice – was a disappointment. I did not expect the pork to be covered in gravy – probably the same brown gravy used in loco moco. The gravy concealed the flavor of the pork – might as well order rice with gravy. The gravy/pork also could have used some Sriracha or similar. On the other hand, both the potato salad and coleslaw were exceptional. The slaw has bits of dried ramen noodles which gave it extra crunch and the dressing had a bit of a bite.

Service was fairly quick after ordering – we were the only diners. The prices were reasonable to good for Kauai - $8 plate lunch with choice of one meat and $8 for the Ono sandwich.

We will return and try some of the other menu items.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a food truck not the building shown on the page. That dealt with. This place rocks!! I hate to praise too much ,But it is good. We had the Pork-oholic sandwich. We split it when the cook said it was a hell of a sandwich. It was! pulled pork, Jacon, Green Pig thick bacon, fried loin on a bun with tomatoes and leaf stuff with a gerkin pickle on top! Yum. We split it and also ordered pig tail fries. then added a diet coke times 2. $17 It was served on a plate with silver ware. Class and enough food to feed 3 people well..

Seating is in a green field with covered areas and picnic tables. Horse area across the street. It is located away from the beach across the hi-way. Go eat and PIG OUT.