“And that settles it...”

The Green Pig
Ranked #49 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I'm adding an important fact to my last review: After much field research and comparison, the Green Pig makes, by far, the best burger on the Island too. BOOM.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stopped for lunch on 16 May 2014 with my wife.
She ordered the special - Blackened Ono sandwich – which she requested not blackened. I order the plate lunch with pulled pork.

My wife enjoyed her Ono sandwich and commented the addition of beets and carrots was a nice added touch. She forgot to order the fried Mac-and-cheese side – maybe next time.

My pulled pork – served over rice – was a disappointment. I did not expect the pork to be covered in gravy – probably the same brown gravy used in loco moco. The gravy concealed the flavor of the pork – might as well order rice with gravy. The gravy/pork also could have used some Sriracha or similar. On the other hand, both the potato salad and coleslaw were exceptional. The slaw has bits of dried ramen noodles which gave it extra crunch and the dressing had a bit of a bite.

Service was fairly quick after ordering – we were the only diners. The prices were reasonable to good for Kauai - $8 plate lunch with choice of one meat and $8 for the Ono sandwich.

We will return and try some of the other menu items.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a food truck not the building shown on the page. That dealt with. This place rocks!! I hate to praise too much ,But it is good. We had the Pork-oholic sandwich. We split it when the cook said it was a hell of a sandwich. It was! pulled pork, Jacon, Green Pig thick bacon, fried loin on a bun with tomatoes and leaf stuff with a gerkin pickle on top! Yum. We split it and also ordered pig tail fries. then added a diet coke times 2. $17 It was served on a plate with silver ware. Class and enough food to feed 3 people well..

Seating is in a green field with covered areas and picnic tables. Horse area across the street. It is located away from the beach across the hi-way. Go eat and PIG OUT.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

OMG this place is so good and right across from a beautiful beach with amazing views. I had to have it before I left Kauai and I miss it still. The best burger on the island and the pig'a'licious wrap was the bomb! I want more! GO GO GO!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Lovely little setting across from Kealia Beach. Owners raise and roast their own pork. We tried pulled pork, Jakes Bacon, pork tenderloin and the piggy tail fries. This guy is a chef! All meals served on real plates. Thank you for no Styrofoam! I'd give this food truck 5 stars!