“Spirit of Aloha”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Denver, Colorado
“Spirit of Aloha”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was really excited to try this place based on reviews, even though some reviews were outright rude on another site. Unfortunately I was in Kauai when the trade winds were NOT and upon walking in the heat and humidity was stifling. We ended up just ordering a drink, since we had already walked in, and didn't want to be rude. Tony took care of us, and can be a little intimidating. However, I went outside where I was waiting for my husband when Tony walked out, ready to call it a day. We had a very nice chat, he is an interesting, amazing born and bred Kauai'an with so much to share. He explained his establishment is positioned so the trade winds provide a constant breeze. In all of my visits, I had never experienced a lack of the trades, and I hope I never do again! He chatted with me so long that I thought maybe he was waiting for someone, but upon leaving I saw him climb in his truck, on his way to enjoy the ocean. I can't wait to go back and try the food on our next visit, just having the opportunity to meet Tony was a true aloha experience, which deserves a 5 rating all day long in my book.

Visited May 2013

Martinez, California, United States
“Good introduction to Kaua'i”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The first meal meal of our vacation exemplified many common themes of eating out on Kaua'i. I liked the atmosphere - a local family was celebrating something and running the juke box, leaning heavily on the local and country repertoire. It was only marginally air conditioned and our waitresses shirt showed it. She was hoppin' and fetchin' to keep the food coming and drinks filled, with modest success. A lady who at first was a patron later pitched in to take orders. A real family affair, it seems.
My fish and chips were very good with a modest portion. My wife's fish taco would have been bland but was saved by a cup of delightful sauce.

• Visited April 2013
“Great place for our family of five”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We've already been here twice and our kids want to go back before we leave the island. This pub is really cute and the staff are very friendly. We all loved the fish and chips and the pan fried fresh fish was very good as well. They have a great choice of beers, and the mai tais were also very very good. This place is very reasonably priced, so they will keep us coming back. This pub was recommended to me by my hairdresser back home, who had been here 4 years ago. He said, then, they kept on going back because of the good food and reasonable pricing. Great job Pau Hana, you've been recommended all the way to Canada.

• Visited April 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Ok”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Tried this place based on recommendation from guide book. Nice little place. Good service. Food was hot and presented at a good time. However, it was just bland.

Visited April 2013
“Good food, good price, good service”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Arrived late Sunday evening looking for good food with good value and we found it here. Enjoyed especially the waffle fries and fresh fish sandwich. Great friendly service from our waitress. Apple lumpia was a nice treat.