“Commercials are just marketing-skip it”
Review of Olympic Cafe

Olympic Cafe
Ranked #45 of 132 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Olympic Cafe is a casual, yet hip, restaurant and bar located in Old Kapaa Town. Serving up large portions at reasonable prices. With over 200 menu items to choose from; burgers, salads, wraps, pastas and fresh local fish. Contemporary breakfast menu includes pancakes, omelettes and scrambles. We use fresh, local, organic ingredients. Sit back, relax and watch the world go by. ALOHA!
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The 2 highlights were the pork quesadilla and the server letting us know what the Happy Hour specials were. They have mastered the worst salad I have ever had, basically so much dressing and water it was more of a lettuce soup then anything else. The servers have a very active social scene that they are careful to not let work interfere with, but do complain about the clients very loudly in front of the bar guests. If they do happen to wander back to give you a check, don't think that this means they are paying attention to you, they would just like you to move on so they can continue their conversation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed March 2, 2009

Until I found a live green worm in my salad, this used to be a regular eatery for me and my husband when we visited Kauai. Hey, I know bugs happen, but the off-hand response by the wait staff put me off even more. "Yeah, people occasionally find bugs in the salad because it's organic," they explained. "But they never seem to find them in the wraps." OK -- enough for me to scratch the Olympic off my list. Too bad.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 9, 2009

The California Ahi Nori Wrap was pretty good. My sister got the Ahi taco, which smelled much too fishy to be called fresh caught fish. The service was fast and the waitress was nice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 1, 2009

i dont dig a roach in my tostada salad. everything is dirty too. im afraid to eat there. pancakes are disgusting. 1 thing to get would be the spinach and mushroom quesodilla. to bad its so dirty.

Reviewed January 18, 2009

We almost walked past this place the first time...it just sounded like a rowdy bar above the main strip in Kapa'a. We're SO glad we didn't do that! The menu is extensive; the food is generous and wonderful. The staff couldn't be friendlier, and the prices are so suprisingly "non-vacation", that we were shocked. We ate here four times during our nine day stay. An absolute must for anyone tired of touristy places.

1  Thank NW-K9s

Been to Olympic Cafe? Share your experiences!