“Big menu with something for everyone”
Review of Olympic Cafe

Olympic Cafe
Ranked #24 of 129 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Olympic Cafe is a casual, yet hip, restaurant and bar located in Old Kapaa Town. Serving up large portions at reasonable prices. With over 200 menu items to choose from; burgers, salads, wraps, pastas and fresh local fish. Contemporary breakfast menu includes pancakes, omelettes and scrambles. We use fresh, local, organic ingredients. Sit back, relax and watch the world go by. ALOHA!
Reviewed December 15, 2008

This was our first trip to Kauai. We stayed at the Hilton and found Kapa'a and the Olympic Cafe on our first night. I loved the big menu with so much vareity. The food was good so we came back a few nights later! In fact we ate in Kapa'a almost every night.

1  Thank PatrickTravels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,572)

Reviewed October 18, 2008

The Olympic Cafe is upstairs in the funky old Hee Fat Marketplace, along the main highway through Kapaa. It is casual lanai dining and you can try to score a table overlooking the street below to watch all the action. The restaurant features a "make your own" Bloody Mary bar, where you add the mixins' and fixins' to your tall glass of vodka over ice...lots of seasoning and hot sauces to go along with a variety of veggies. Food and service are okay and it's a nice, laid-back place to have some eats. The ambience of the old building and the breezy open-air venue is an extra treat.

1  Thank Phil R
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husand and I had been in Kauai for 8 days with 8 days left. We wanted to find a nice place to eat, but Good, so we drove to Kappa and saw a Mexican resteurant, And across the street on the second floor was a place called Olympic Cafe,(Green building) overlooking Kuhio Hwy. So we went up the flight of stairs, we got right in 6:00 no waiting, we had a view of the Mountians and the street action. Our waitress was fast, and came several times to our table to see if we needed anything. My husband had the Seafood pasta and I had Seafood plate. We had Ice tea and a Huge slice of Mac Pie. We got huge portions for dinner and dessert, The food came to our table fast and was Soooo Good. This has been one of the best places we have found to eat since we arrived. The prices are very resonable also, our bill was only $60.00 for everything. I would definely go back again.

Reviewed September 16, 2008

We went here for breakfast the first morning we arrived. Weren't really set up for kids (no crayons or kids menu) but great food anyway. We split a bunch of different dishes. The booths overlook the railing of the restaurant so you can sit and watch the streets below.

Reviewed September 10, 2008

After a long day of hiking along the Na Pali coast, my husband and I were looking for a simple, casual meal. We were staying in Waipouli Beach Resort, so we wanted something close. Olympic Cafe was recommended to us by the owners of our condo. We read some mixed reviews, but decided to give it a try and we were glad we did. It was in a great people watching location in Kapaa, upstairs, open air. We went later in the evening due to our all day hiking and we were one of the last people in the restaurant, but we still got VERY friendly and attentive service and the Kona beers were nice and cold!!

I got the mahi fish tacos and my husband got the ahi tuna burrito and then we split chips and salsa. It was MORE than enough food. When in Hawaii, we like to have seafood everyday because it is defnitely not as accessible and as fresh at home. This was a nice casual preparation change from the other typical macademia crusted or ahi with soy sauce/wasabi, etc. While we love those preparations, this made for a nice alternative. It was just what we were looking for in our casual evening.

The experience was so good that I even bought a Kona/Olympic Cafe pint glass to take home!

Definitely give Olympic a try for lunch or a nice casual dinner.

1  Thank srohrbaugh

Been to Olympic Cafe? Share your experiences!