“GREAT Food, Resonable price, Good Service”
Review of Olympic Cafe

Olympic Cafe
Ranked #24 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Olympic Cafe is a casual, yet hip, restaurant and bar located in Old Kapaa Town. Serving up large portions at reasonable prices. With over 200 menu items to choose from; burgers, salads, wraps, pastas and fresh local fish. Contemporary breakfast menu includes pancakes, omelettes and scrambles. We use fresh, local, organic ingredients. Sit back, relax and watch the world go by. ALOHA!
Reviewed September 21, 2008

My husand and I had been in Kauai for 8 days with 8 days left. We wanted to find a nice place to eat, but Good, so we drove to Kappa and saw a Mexican resteurant, And across the street on the second floor was a place called Olympic Cafe,(Green building) overlooking Kuhio Hwy. So we went up the flight of stairs, we got right in 6:00 no waiting, we had a view of the Mountians and the street action. Our waitress was fast, and came several times to our table to see if we needed anything. My husband had the Seafood pasta and I had Seafood plate. We had Ice tea and a Huge slice of Mac Pie. We got huge portions for dinner and dessert, The food came to our table fast and was Soooo Good. This has been one of the best places we have found to eat since we arrived. The prices are very resonable also, our bill was only $60.00 for everything. I would definely go back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed September 16, 2008

We went here for breakfast the first morning we arrived. Weren't really set up for kids (no crayons or kids menu) but great food anyway. We split a bunch of different dishes. The booths overlook the railing of the restaurant so you can sit and watch the streets below.

Reviewed September 10, 2008

After a long day of hiking along the Na Pali coast, my husband and I were looking for a simple, casual meal. We were staying in Waipouli Beach Resort, so we wanted something close. Olympic Cafe was recommended to us by the owners of our condo. We read some mixed reviews, but decided to give it a try and we were glad we did. It was in a great people watching location in Kapaa, upstairs, open air. We went later in the evening due to our all day hiking and we were one of the last people in the restaurant, but we still got VERY friendly and attentive service and the Kona beers were nice and cold!!

I got the mahi fish tacos and my husband got the ahi tuna burrito and then we split chips and salsa. It was MORE than enough food. When in Hawaii, we like to have seafood everyday because it is defnitely not as accessible and as fresh at home. This was a nice casual preparation change from the other typical macademia crusted or ahi with soy sauce/wasabi, etc. While we love those preparations, this made for a nice alternative. It was just what we were looking for in our casual evening.

The experience was so good that I even bought a Kona/Olympic Cafe pint glass to take home!

Definitely give Olympic a try for lunch or a nice casual dinner.

1  Thank srohrbaugh
Reviewed July 11, 2008

My wife and I had lunch today at the Olympic Cafe and it was great! We didn't wait at all to be seated. I had the Fish Tacos which I've been thinking about having for a long time wherever I see them and BOY these were worth the wait! I would have liked to have three instead of two, but I also didn't finish all of the rice or beans that came with it. The fried banana that came with it was AWESOME!
She had the Kauai Wrap and it was delicious and ENORMOUS! We could have both eaten from it and probably still had leftovers! Service was casual and polite and the open-air atmosphere with ocean on one side and mountain view on the other was ideal!

1  Thank rawbacon
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stumbled on the Olympic Cafe after arriving in Kauai for the second stage of our family Hawaiian trip. What a find! There were four of us travelling, and one of our group just wanted a salad. When that salad came out, our eyes nearly popped. It was huge, and laden with all the normal goodness you get with a salad, but added were some tropical fruits which just made everyone's mouth water. The pig quesadilla was delicious, as were the fish tacos made with Ahi tuna.

The cafe itself is on the second floor, and overlooks Kuhio Highway. It provided a great view of the moutains and valleys, and if you turned your head, you could the ocean through the trees out the other window.

Service was great, and atmosphere was very casual (which we were very appreciative of).

1  Thank jdnunn

Been to Olympic Cafe? Share your experiences!