“Best breakfast in Kauai”
Review of Kountry Kitchen

Kountry Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2010

My boyfriend and I are huge breakfast goers and so far, Kountry Kitchen is ranking close to #1 on our list (not just in Kauai, but in general). Their breakfast specials are extremely well done and their portions are generous. We also think you can tell a lot about a breakfast place by how well they do the standard bacon, eggs, and coffee. Eggs were perfect, bacon was of a higher quality than most restaurants, and it has the best coffee of all the breakfast places we've tried here. If you're visiting Kauai, this place is a must.

Service is fast and the atmosphere homey and cute.

Note* Breakfast specials are huge, so if you're not used to eating a giant meal in the mornings, these could be shared. For something a bit more standard sized, try the two farm fresh egg breakfast. Delicious.

4  Thank LulaBeanWinnipeg
There are newer reviews for Kountry Kitchen

Reviewed November 13, 2010

A great breakfast experience. Great service. Great food. Treat yourself to the luau omelet featuring Kalua pork, spinach, onions, cheese. TO DIE FOR!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

You will have to wait because there aren't many other places to eat breakfast.
We were seated and the light and ceiling fan above us had so much dust on them it was disgusting!
The portions are nice but an hour after eating the food my husband and I both got sick.
The coffee tasted burned and when I saw the lady emty the pot I found out why. The glass pot was black. It looked as if it was cleaned the last time the lights & fans were.
Then I noticed only 1 male out of 3 in the fitchen had on a hat. There was only 1 female who had her long hair pulled back.
I recommend cooking breakfast yourself if you can.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

Kountry Kitchen – at the far north end of Kapaa on the mauka side of the hwy. Cute, small and kitchy with tons of stuff on the walls and shelves. It did not feel “Hawaiian” at all, but I guess from the name, it’s not supposed to. Parking in front can be a real pain so park across the street. We were there on a Thursday morning about 10:30 and we were lucky to get a table before the rush (folks were piled up outside waiting). Good service great waitresses. It did take a longgggg time for the food to arrive, but we’re familiar with “Island Time”. Hubby had the eggs with Portugese sausage and hashbrowns. The hashbrowns were hashblacks on one side. I thought he would say something, but didn’t want to since they were so busy – he picked the edible parts off. I had 2 mac nut pancakes – BIG mistake – should of ordered only one since they cover the plate and are heavy – way too heavy. Syrup choices are coconut or maple cold on the table. Coconut is real thin. $28.00 with 2 coffees and 1 apple juice. 3 stars
photos:

Reviewed November 6, 2010

We're a "good-eatin'" family, if you know what I mean. These are serious portions ... go with a good appetite 'cuz you're gonna need it. It's very busy for breakfast so be prepared to wait, but it's worth it. The food tastes great and the service is good. Awesome pancakes that are as big as a dinner plate and almost as thick as a frisbee, but light as a feather ... no joke! The decor reminds you of being in a farm kitchen, very cozy. Definitely a place to try for good breakfast on the east side of Kauai.