“Yummy and quaint”

Kountry Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummy and quaint”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Loved everything we ate, big portions, good prices (for Kauai). Never saw anything wrong with cleanliness, even in the bathroom. My husband's pancakes were superb! I liked my eggs and sausage as well!

SoCal
“Ultimate pancakes!”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Wow, I feel sorry for the reviewer below who found a roach. Although the place is an older, island-feel cafe, we didn't see any cleanliness issues. Now, I love pancakes, and I must say that these are possible the best I have ever eaten. ever. I had the macadamia nut version, and they were outstanding. Crispy outside, tender inside, buttery and smooth. Combined with the coconut syrup, they were positively sublime. When someday (I hope) we get to return to Kauai, it's one experience I would have to repeat.

San Francisco, California
“Roach in my Omelet”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We ate breakfast here during our last day in Kauai based on good reviews in some guidebooks. I discovered a huge ROACH in my first bite of my omelet. This has never happened to me before. I felt sick for days just thinking about it. The waitress was very nice and didn't charge us for the omelet, but this was absolutely disgusting. I don't know how they pass health inspections when they serve food with huge, intact bugs!

3 Thank Lars7777
PETALUMA
“Dont over-order....”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This place is awesome- perfect breakfast spot. My only complaint is that when ordering, the waitress did not advise on the huge serving sizes. We left so much food behind- we felt really guilty. Start small- if you are still hungry after- order more- food is served fast and you will not wait long. We were on California time and got there really early. We were seated immediately. WIll return for sure.

1 Thank jobay
Independence, La.
“Wait til 11am. The coconut syrup shouldn't be rushed!”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We found this place on our last visit and couldn't wait to get back. The omelots are unbelievable. You won't leave hungry. The pancakes are trucker size and could cover a small child. We waited until the morning rush (6:30-10:30am) was over. They close at 1pm (or maybe 1:30). No rushing to get us out so others could be seated. Just great service from a wonderful waitress and the best coconut syrup I've ever had. Even great on toast. If you go here ( and I highly recommend you do), bring your appetite, which is another good reason to wait til 11am.

1 Thank 2BSouthern