“Great Family Experience”

Priest River, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Family Experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My teenage daughters, my husband and I very much enjoyed the smith Family Luau. It was very much had a family feel to it. The grounds were beautiful, the food was excellent, the show was great fun and the Smith family made you feel like family!

• Visited April 2014

Helena, Montana
“Best Luau on the island! Beautiful grounds!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We LOVE Smith Family Luau! We liked it a lot better than the Kalamaku luau. The grounds are beautiful, the evening is perfect. It is worth every penny and is so much fun! We give it as gifts to our family and friends visiting HI now!

Visited June 2013
Belfast, Maine
“A Family Business with the emphasis on Family”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

First trip to Hawaii, of course you HAVE to do a luau. Locals all said - "Of course you're going to Smith's". We did the whole experience - the Fern Grotto boat tour, tropical garden tour, luau & show. Well worth the price. The Smith family welcomes you like you're a long lost cousin at an important family gathering. Multiple generations of them bring you the finest of Kauai. With a couple hundred guests, I figured the luau would be kind of "cafeteria". It was like attending a wedding orchestrated by a top flight catering team. Not just Hawaiian pork, but teriyaki beef, chicken adobo, sweet & sour Mahi Mahi and plenty of vegetables, fruits & fresh breads. And Grandma's Poi, of course. They had three identical servicing tables at the buffet with SIX lines, so it went seamlessly. While the bar was open, there was none of the "frat party" atmosphere that sometimes generates. Aunties, Uncles & cousins circulated to be certain everyone had all they needed. The hula show during dinner was great. At the end of that, they called up a lot of folks, from ages 2 to 92 for a great time. And the Polynesian Dance event at their amphitheater was great. Oh - and just in case you drink a little too much to drive ( or plan to), they have shuttle buses to all the major hotels in the area. It was fabulous.

• Visited March 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Gorgeous grounds, friendly family staff, excellent hula”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Loved the drinks, food, the dancing & the friendly family staff. Only downside (and it barely was) was that it is such a large luau. The grounds are simply breathtaking! The host is hilarious too!

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Nice Family Luau”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Smith's advertises the best luau on the island, and our friends who live on Kauai recommended we go.

Since I have no other luau experience to compare this to, I'll just give my impressions. The night we went there were about 500 other people there. The only time I felt like there was such a large group was in the dining pavilion.

The food was good, if bland, but typical Hawaiian fare. The roast pork was really good! Smith's does serve alcohol.

During dinner they put on a small but entertaining show in the dining pavilion, but the real entertainment comes after in the outdoor theatre. Again, I had no idea what to expect, but I thought they put on a good show, and I think this wouls be a great entertainment for the whole family. It's not Vegas-y at all, and my husband, who does have experience with luaus, enjoyed it as much as I did. I think this is a good value for the money.

Visited January 2014