“Casual, friendly, rocking cafe-restaurant”
Review of Bubba Burgers

Bubba Burgers
Ranked #19 of 124 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Tokyo
“Casual, friendly, rocking cafe-restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Every time we passed in front of the cafe when we go and from our hotel to somewhere, the terrace was filled with customers with joyful faces. It looked really attractive.
So, one occasion, we walked there to have lunch.
My wife had Teriyaki burger that is good.
I had "Hubba Bubba" that is said in menu "Rice, burger patty, grilled hot dog, all smothered with Bubba's Chille". Does it not sounds fabulous? It came as the name shows, wonderful. My wife was attacking this without touching the burger she ordered when I came from ABC store to buy a bottle of beer since they do not have alcohol but "welcome to bring into". Anyway food is good, waiter and waitress are as casual as can be, and the environment is just like KAPAA.

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“This is a tasty burger!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Stopped by Bubba Burgers in Kapaa on the way back from a drive around the north shore. Really enjoyable - tasty patties and sauce, great fries, good atmosphere and friendly service. Had some terrible burgers elsewhere on Kauai, but Bubba came through with the goods.

• Visited July 2014
“Excellent service & tasty food!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I have several diet restrictions, which makes eating out anywhere hard. The employees at Bubba's were friendly and extremely accommodating. I am gluten, soy, and dairy free but that wasn't a problem for them. They happily figured out my order and I didn't feel like a hassle. Plus the burger was delicious! I highly recommend this place!

Marina del Rey, California
“I don't see what the big deal is?”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Dined here at Bubba Burgers for lunch with 3 friends. I honestly don't see what the big deal is all about. The burgers were standard burgers and the quality of meat wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't the worst either. I thought it was ok. Big, large portions though so it is a good place if you're starving and wanting something low key.

The cashier was a bit slow. Our total for the meal came out to be $17.64 and we gave her $20.64, thus you can do the math. We would be getting $4.00 back in change in paper bills instead of coin change. We wanted and needed dollar bills to tip at other restaurants, cab drivers, hotel valets, etc. The female cashier somehow could NOT do the simple math in her head and had to calculate it using her fingers (like a third grader) and she still rung up the total WRONG! She had to call her manager to fix what she had punched into the cashier machine. Um....I'm sorry....how hard is this math??!!! $20.64 - $17.64 = $4.00, even my 10 year old niece could do this math in her head. Needless to say, by this time, there was already a very long line standing behind us, when it was NOT our fault.

The meal was unremarkable, pretty simple to make a burger. I come from eating my fave In and Out burgers in CA, so this wasn't all that great. We didn't get sick from the food so that was good. Overall, I would not eat here again unless I was totally starving and had no other options. In my opinion, highly over rated and ok food. Cashiers not very bright. Not hard to do basic math....be forewarned.

Oakland, California
“Awesome Burgers!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I am not a big red meat eater, but I love a quality burger... And Bubbas makes quality burgers! I prefer the Hanalei location.

Visited July 2014