“It is what it is.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This place is nothing fancy. It is a fast food take out place. The burgers are fine as it is not a fine dining experience. The kids especially enjoyed it as they just wanted fries and burgers as they hadn't had this on our trip. It was reasonably quick and convenient for us. It didn't break the budget and eveyone left satisfied. I got the terriyaki burger and the family all got cheeseburgers. We enjoyed the frings as we don't eat them back home. They weren't the best burgers we have had but they were still good. We sat out on the verandah and watched the church service that was happening in the park across the road. Life is good on Kauai so just enjoy each experience for what it is. This is a busy fast food burger joint and it is pretty good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Came from Arizona. Had Bubba Burgers year before and loved them. Excited to go there again. Burgers were great. But we ordered them with fries and the fries were limp and full of grease. Took it to go so called the restaurant and girl on phone said that's the way people like them. I said "people like their fries limp and full of grease?" She said " we'll I'm busy and I don't know what else to tell you" I said " you could tell me to come back in and you will give me new fries or a refund" she said " fine" and hung up on me! Very POOR customer service. Will never go there again!

1  Thank azandi
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Known for their local beef burgers, I was thrilled to get a very good veggie burger. Great onion rings.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bubba's has three locations. The one in Kapaa is the original and of the two I've tried still the best. Fresh ingredients and cooked when you order it makes for a good burger. Best I've had -- well, no but then we're on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean...

Cheese is extra as are lettuce and tomato making the final product close to $10 for a Double Bubba with cheese, L&T. Onion rings are tasty and expensive, fries are like what you might get at any fast food location.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stopped in for hamburgers and enjoyed our visit tremendously. I had the Kauai burger which comes with pineapple. Family had cheese burgers. The fries were average, but the onion rings were great. My burger was wonderful although my husband did not see the sign that lettuce and tomato were extra. He would have preferred his with both. Enjoyed sitting at the eating bar watching the birds and the ocean.