“The Hippie Cafe”

Ranked #15 of 140 Restaurants in Kapaa
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We serve 100% plant base dishes that are better for your body, for the animals and for the planet. We try our best to source organic and local ingredients as much as possible. Please join us for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner in our outdoor dining area.
Reviewed March 4, 2015

All seating is outside in their lovely garden area dressed up with twinkly lights! I LOVE this place! The ground cover is recycled glass chips in multi-colored hues! I am a American Airlines flight attendant and I eat here each and every time I am in Kauai!! It is BYOB for alcohol and the food is amazing and so so fresh! There are vegan and gluten free choices and everything is freshly prepared and there is nothing packaged or mass produced. I can say this is my favorite restaurant in the world!

Date of visit: March 2015
6  Thank larak854

Reviewed February 5, 2015

We have been dining at Caffe Coco for many years when on Kauai and ate there again in January, 2015. Food was as good as ever, great staff, but not quite as funky as it used to be.
We still highly recommend it!

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank AGtravelers2
Reviewed February 3, 2015

9+ days, 2 islands ... this was one of our top meals. Great, personal service. Delicious food. Locally sourced. As we were leaving the chef stopped us to ask what he had cooked for us, what we liked, what they could do better. Oh, and live music too. A gem!!!

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank DebberW
Reviewed February 2, 2015

This is a hidden little gem and so charming! We went here on recommendations from other visitors and we are so glad that we did. The food is great and the staff is very friendly. I loved all of their vegan options but the ahi tuna was very good! Definitely recommend giving this place a try.

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank TropicalDreamsAZ
Reviewed January 18, 2015

The place is so charming! I had their most popular fish dish. It was incredibly delish! It was a perfect night they had a family of musicians play and sing while we dined calm and relaxing with lovely harmonies drifting around us. The seating area is behind the restaurant, open air. They do not serve liquor, but allow you to bring yours in. The restaurant is set back from the road and is a little hard to find. But keep searching it is so worth it! The staff was very helpful.

Date of visit: January 2015