“Not Worth It.”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Sedona, Arizona
“Not Worth It.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was recommended by our Frommer's Guide Book. The book states views of Sleeping Giant, but we found no views of anything but a courtyard from the outside. My wife had the Ahi Nori Wrap and she enjoyed it quite a bit. It seemed a reasonable value @ $12.50. However, I had the strongly recommended Charmoula for $19. A beautiful piece of fish was put to waste. At least one third of the fish was raw inside and our server did not return to the table until after we were all done with our meal, so I could not say anything. The spice was not flavorful and just a light dusting on top. The topping was also plain and the overall combination of how the fish was prepared was not at all good. The sides that came with the dish were colorful and somewhat tasty, but although unique.... unexciting to the buds. Our server was delightful, but service was not very good. We were the second of 3 tables sat when they opened. I would not recommend this restaurant as it is way too pricey for bland food.

Portland, Oregon
“Delightfully authentic”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Just ate here after a full day of kayaking and hiking (read: hungry.) we were not disappointed. A little confused about some reviews complaining of Mosquitos (how the hell is that the restaurant's fault?) Or that the service was slow. Or, most importantly, that the food was bad... None of the above for us.

I had the Ahi and my wife the Ono. Both prepared perfectly with the Ono coconut cream being particularly delightful. I also had a purple potato samosa that was baked, not fried. So very good.

Also, they have a BYOB policy, so we just cracked our own bottle. Free...

The atmosphere is very charming and set back from the road.

Loved it.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Little Restaurant with Gourmet Touch”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Yummy, family friendly in the best of ways. Fresh food, music, simple.
Maybe a wait because they are really small, but it is worth it!

Old cottage off the street has been rebuilt on occasion. We were very happy here.

Koloa, Hawaii
“overpriced and not great food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

i thought the food here was just awful. i understand it has changed a bit since i was last there. i can only vouch for my experience which was less than positive. i found little to my liking, poor offerings, and lackluster food. ordering at a counter and then going to the outdoor terrace to eat was annoying. oh, and the mosquitoes enjoy you for dinner too in spite of smoke coils and spray you can use to deter them.

Visited April 2012
Hollan H, Owner at Caffe Coco, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Aloha,
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. I have put my heart and soul into making Caffe Coco better. We pride ourselves in giving locals and tourists an experience like no other. We have had table service for over a year. I am surprised to see that you live in Kauai and would hurt a local business this way. Please try us again and put up a review about your experience now, not a year ago when we were transitioning.
Arizona
“Creative, flavorful vegetarian; a bit expensive”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife, 11 years old daughter and myself are vegetarians. We had an absolutely delightful dinner with various flavors, textures, colors,.... We ordered a combo. It had an excellent salad with a dressing which had the tang of ginger. The main course was roasted beets, chard and oranges dressed with a macadamia pesto -- all perfectly done and tasty. To satisfy your need for eating some buttery, chewy stuff, it had their purple sweet potato samosa with a tomato sauce dressing. The Vietnamese rolls with the peanut sauce was fresh and flavorful. We also had a veggie soup that was spicy and good.

There were some mosquitoes/flies in the open air area -- not too bothersome.

I would call it perfect if the prices were lower by about 25%.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Caffe Coco? Share your experiences!