“Breakfast at Onos”

Ranked #19 of 125 Restaurants in Kapaa
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The restaurant is small but the food was great, prices were reasonable and service was good. It's definitely family run as there were various family members around, including a small child. Great place to eat.

There are newer reviews for Ono Family Restaurant and Shave Ice

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stopped by for my first shave ice and was happily surprised! I chose banana coconut pineapple over vanilla ice cream and was shocked at how large it was! And it wasn't the sickly sweet "snow cone" of my youth, this shave ice was just perfect. I can't believe how delicate the ice crystals are! At first there was a line, but they fill the orders and keep the line moving fast. They even offered organic ginger syrup, (has to be a favorite with moms-to- be). Seating is open-air benches, and they nicely have separated containers of the leftover liquid (we couldn't finish ours), the cups, then spoons and other trash. I know I can't be considered an expert since this was my first shave ice, but by the amount of people flocking to this small place I suspect they have a proven track record!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I agree this was the best place to have breakfast. Food is made to order. Prices are reasonable and portions are huge! I enjoyed the Lindsey special. Spam eggs and fried rice go great together! Best fried rice I've had. Must be the bacon in it :)

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A meal at this restaurant is a must if you are in or near Kapaa. (A bit old Hawaii in atmosphere - perfect for the Kapaa area. You don't need to dress up anywhere in Kapaa.) Family owned by down-to-earth, friendly people, the food and service is excellent! I had a breakfast called "The Boss". The owner said he used to fix this for himself, and people began requesting it, so it finally went on the menu. It came with a delectable sunrise papaya. There is no air conditioning here so if that bothers you, go early! WELL worth your trouble! I will certainly be back, once I am blessed with the opportunity to visit Kaua'i once again.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We love breakfast and Ono Family dished up a great Hawaiian breakfast with friendly service and good values. Go traditional, try the Wahoo Benedict, or Spam, eggs and fried rice.