“Good grinds but...”

Ranked #18 of 130 Restaurants in Kapaa
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Food was really good and ok priced - but it took a long time and waitress was never around to refill coffee or water. It was busy so we weren't surprised by the long wait for food,but we were disappointed by the MIA waitress.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stopped here only for shave ice. The price was cheaper than In Maui but syrups were sickeningly sweet. Probably depends on the flavours you choose.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a great breakfast there. There was several good choices. And the shave ice was the biggest I've ever seen and was really good. I like how they put the ice cream in the middle so that it's not melted by the time you get to it.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is another one of Kauai's long standing traditions!

The Ono Family Restaurant serves BIG Breakfasts of hearty food. The prices aren't bad either. The Atmosphere is Retro and Nostalgic. I LOVE this place.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

All the food we had was hearty and oh so ono. Everyone in our group loved their dishes. We went there twice and I got the fish plate with ono, mac salad, and rice and then the second time I got the Captain's platter with ono, two eggs, rice, and toast. Both times were super duper yummy and my husband and friends loved the halo halo. (I don't eat too much dairy-- one of the Asian curses.) If you are staying in or around Kapa'a, do not miss the food at the restaurant and save room for dessert after!